Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Ghost Breakers *

      "What oh what did Tech do on his night off from play practice?" I hear you asking yourself. In fact, you're consumed by the question, unable to work, sleep or eat as you wonder. Rest easy, my adoring fans. I'm gonna tell you.
      I watched Ghost Hunters on the SciFi Channel and talked on the phone to Crystal. Yes, that's right. I spent most of my evening watching guys (and a couple of gals) attempt to catch a few wayward spirits in the act. I also did do a bit of laundry and moved some papers around, but that was it.
      Crystal is addicted to Ghost Hunters, so I watched to discover what the attraction was. Some of the stories are bit spooky, but most of them seem explainable. What fascinated me was the gadgets. They have such cool equipment! Infrared cameras, remote sensors, EMF detectors, ultraviolet flashlights, etc. I want that equipment. And I already have some of it.
      So naturally we're all going to have to go ghost hunting. That's right. Ghost hunting. I'm trying to find as many supposedly haunted sites as I can, and then I and some friends are going to go out and lasso some spirits. Of course, you will be invited to participate, in person if you can make it, by photos, audio files and blogging if not. It should be a blast even if the spirits are unwilling. And apparently they frequently are.
      Of course, if you know me at all, then you know that I don't believe in ghosts, goblins, vampires, etc. I'm a rational person and proud of it. So what's the attraction for me? The equipment, of course! I love gadgets. And even though the Ghost Hunters don't use them, I know that I'm going to use a couple of lasers. I don't know for what yet, but by golly, I've got them, and we're going to use them.
      Beware, spirits, we're comin' for ya!

(*The title of an old Bob Hope movie about busting some ghosts.)

12 comments:

Gloria Williams said...

It sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I was closer!

SBB said...

I wish you were, too. Everyone else seems scared by it! At least, that's why I think they're not commenting! :)

Slim said...

I ain't afraid of no ghosts!

:)

SBB said...

I was wondering when someone would bring up that song!

Michelle said...

Actually, I think the ghosts are kinda cute.

We had a ghost, suppossedly, in the house I grew up in. Her name was Pearl. Pink Pearl, actually. My mother swore she had seen her. I think it was a ploy to spook us kids into staying in our rooms.

I'll join. But I want to get a chance at playing with one of the thingy mabobbers...

SBB said...

I've made a note of that, Michelle. Note: Michelle wants thingy mabobbers ... :)

SBB said...

I'll have you know that mabobbers are quite respectable! :)

Michelle said...

Thingy Mabobbers = Electrical doo-dads

Ya'll are too funny.

You leave work and the computer behind for a few hours to take your mother to the Dr. and what happens? I am plummeting to the depths of naughty tart yet again. I'll have you guys know that I am never a naughty tart in public. ;)

Jean said...

I *was* consumed by knowing what you did on your night off from play practice. Finally! I can breathe.

Infrared cameras and nightvision cameras--way cool stuff. I've done some nightshot stuff on my Sony Cybershot, and it's interesting to say the least.

Good luck finding ghosts.

night-rider said...

Call me stupid but I can't find any 'talk to me' link on the right side of your blog and I can't get the address you gave me to work 'isaacskye AT gmail.com', I also tried it as isaacskye@gmail.com - got any other suggestions?

SBB said...

Well, the "Talk to me" link is right below the archive listings. But the email address is issacskye at gmail.com

It's not isAAcskye, it's isSAcskye. Hope that helps!

CrystalDiggory said...

We just got back today from San Diego, where we went to the Whaley House. It was a perfect, rainy night for it. There's even a reputed haunted cemetary just a few doors down from it. However, we didn't see any ghosts or even get a scary vibe from it. Maybe there were too many "spirits" flowing around us on St. Patrick's Day for any other sprirts to come out. I did take some random pictures of the different rooms. If anything turns up on those I'll post them...somewhere...