Sunday, February 26, 2006

Paying the tax man

      A busy weekend. I've spent it working on my taxes and finally doing the February Gazette. The Gazette is printing now and still needs to stapled and put in the envelopes. My taxes took a while because I'm itemizing this year for the first time so I was collecting receipts and adding various expenses in their categories. Yuck. But it's close to being finished. I should put file them on Tuesday or Wednesday.
      March will be a busy month for me. Tryouts for the play are tomorrow and Tuesday night. We'll start rehearsals Wednesday. And that will be my evenings until April 2 (the last date of production).
      Otherwise, I did laundry and other housework. I also went down to the theater and worked on the set for a few hours. The set is about a third done. A door frame and stairs need to be built, and one wall needs to be moved back. Then it needs to be taped, painted and trimmed. After that, the furniture. I'm fortunate that my roomie is going to be the set foreman. He will do a good job, and I won't have to worry about it. My former secretary is going to be my stage manager. My crew is shaping up nicely.
      It's going to be a lot of work, but it feels like it's going okay so far.
      Anyway, have a good night and a great week. I'm outta here.

10 comments:

Gloria Williams said...

Break a leg tonight! :)

SBB said...

Thanks, Gloria!

Slim said...

You had a busy weekend! Would you believe I spent mine studying?! Yes, that's right, studying. I think I'm getting old. :)

SBB said...

Slim, you studied?!! WOW! Will wonders never cease! :)

SBB said...

Absolutely, Susan, and it would be great to see you guys, too!

SBB said...

I wish you were closer, too, FF. We always need people willing to work backstage.

Michelle said...

How fun. I hope you have a great time. I miss the theatre. :(

SBB said...

Thanks, Michelle. I hope it's fun, too. I know it's work since I've done it many times before, but sometimes it's fun, sometimes it's not. You just never know until you get into it, and by that time, it's too late! :)

CrystalDiggory said...

You always do a great job. Have fun with it.

SBB said...

Thanks, Crystal