Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Should have, could have, didn't, so there

      I should have blogged earlier, but the stinking turmoil has continued, and I've been occupied with putting out fires as well as trying to make sure I don't get burned or make an ash of myself. Is that vague enough? Can I in some way obscure anything else?
      Yeah, I'm grumpy tonight. Actually I've passed grumpy, gripey, angry, vengeful, spiteful and mean, and am looking at murderous. Yes, it's the Seven Evil Dwarves. They're living with me now. We're a happy crew, especially since Snowed Whine has joined us.
      Anyway, not much is going on. I'm in a mood to take a few swings at the president or maybe some other Republican, but I just can't work up the energy, especially since Dean is busy making himself a shoe-in candidate for Jerk of the Year. If you find that funny, something is wrong with you.
      Let's see: There's got to be some good news. Well, we didn't get hit by a meteor today. That's good. And no one decided to blow himself and innocent people up in my town for some ridiculous religious reason. That's very good. And I have plenty of food on my table. Not so good for my diet, but at least I'm not worried about starving, which a lot of people in this world have to worry about.
      Fine. I'll count my stinking blessings. Nothing is worse when you're having a good sulk than to be reminded of how many good things are in your life. Sort of takes all the fun out of it.
      I did try to write some today. I took 30 minutes at lunch and wrote some dialogue. I don't what work would use the dialogue, but some of the lines were keepers.
      Oh, I want to mention that I added some News links to my sidebar. And over the next few days, I'll be adding a lot more writing links as well as a few surprises.
      What's coming up in this blog? Well, I've been working on a piece called "Me and the Mormons," which looks at the Mormons in my life and addresses my thoughts on their faith and how I as a Baptist view them. After that, we'll take a look at gay marriage and big business, and then what I'd like to see in a presidential candidate. We'll also be having a couple of humorous (I hope) looks at sex and dating. There, that's a plan for us.
      Before I sign off, Crystal of the late and lamented blog PairADice is fine. I talked to her on the phone today. She closed her blog for personal reasons, but may someday return. I've received several emails about her so I thought I should set your minds at ease.
      And now, having written myself out of a bad mood, I will wish you all a good night! (But especially Trixe, whom I forgive for flirting with ER for comments. See her blog for details.)

6 comments:

Trixie said...

Oh Tech, you know I love you bestest!!

Thanks for the update on Crystal. I sure miss her and her blog and I hope someday she will return.

Sounds like you really have plans for EVERYONE with your lineup of upcoming posts. Hee hee!

Michelle said...

Hummm...need any apples? ;)

I am looking forward to the posts. Especially the one about mormons (my best friend is one, and I being sort of a Baptist myself, find it all kind of interesting) And of course, the sex and dating bits.

I need some pointers.

Michelle said...

Dag nab it! Trixie was 7 seconds faster than me...

Gloria Williams said...

Your humor seems to break through even the darkest situations, TECH. I suspect it's because you have a balanced view of the world and a real sense of your place in it. You have perspective.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about both the Mormons and the gay marriage. Also, nervous. I'm hoping that you won't say anything to make me lose my respect for you! :)

Erudite Redneck said...

Ooh, ooh! Write about gay Mormons! Of course, I just mean happy ones. :-)