Saturday, June 25, 2005

I've been bad

      I've been bad this weekend. Very bad. At least in terms of Weight Watchers. Friday night, a friend and I went to an Italian restaurant, and I ate like a maiale. I had mushrooms stuffed with crab, a dinner salad with a red wine dressing, baked lasagne, and more fresh baked bread than I care to tell.
      And then tonight for supper, I had steamed squash, several slices of tomato, a couple of helpings of black-eyed peas favored with pork hocks, a baked potato with a spoonful of butter, a huge steak, and ice cream topped with blue berries for dessert.
      I am stuffed. Not miserable, but if I had one more bite, I'd be sick.
      Why the food frenzy? No particular reason other than it's been a stressful past few weeks, and so I decided to indulge me. Not the best reason to eat, I know, but I will go back on the wagon tomorrow.
      To change the subject, does the SciFi Channel deliberately attempt to make bad movies? They're too constantly bad for it not to be planned. It's very curious. They have enough money to have decent special effects, and the acting usually doesn't make you want to throw up, but the scripts are terrible. They give me hope, though. I think, hey, if that crap can get on TV and be paid for ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so you had a couple bad nights. Write it off as having used all of your flex points for the week, get some good excercise, and move on with your week. I'm on the program too, I've had similar moments. Don't let it derail you.

night-rider said...

Hey they were all good, wholesome, fresh food (well maybe the ice-cream and the butter!)and your body is crying out for those things after all the stress you've been under. Indulge for a while - just keep away from the empty calories like Maccas and greasy Pizza AND DRINK MORE WATER (my current health kick)!

Anonymous said...

Yes, the SF Channel really does try to make bad movies. They are finding sucess beyond their wildest dreams! :)

Anonymous said...

Hum, Food as a reward for surviving stress, why didn't I think of that?
Roen