Sunday, April 24, 2005

My weekend

      Saturday my roomie and I went to a downtown art gallery and saw a lot of beautiful paintings and pottery. Then we went to a pet store and looked at all the strange animals. Too many snakes and spiders for my taste, but the hamsters, fish and birds were cool.
      Afterwards we went to Wal-Mart and bought a lot of groceries. We then went to a local Mexican restaurant where I ate like a pig, but a little neater -- I didn't put my feet in the trough.
      We came home, unloaded groceries and then watched Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein. I have about 25 A&C movies and hope to collect more.
      Today I didn't do much other than church and watch TV. Right now I'm typing this as Lucy Lawless (of Xena fame) stars in the Sunday night movie Locusts. It's good to see Lucy again, but the movie is bad.
      Wish I didn't have go to work tomorrow. I could do with a couple of weeks off, but that's true of almost everyone.
      I worked on rebuilding the local theater group web page, but didn't get it finished. I could have if I had just devoted all my time to it, but I decided that I didn't want to spend my weekend doing that. I'm committed to the group, but there are limits. I reached mine. I'll get it done. If someone complains, they can do it. I will happily give it to them.
      I wrote on Dragons Gather some. It was nice to disappear in a world of my creation for a while. I'm not sure if I wrote anything worth keeping, but I got some words on paper, and that feels like a victory right now.
      I hope your weekend was good, and your week is better. We all deserve good lives, don't you think? I think we do. Good night.

6 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

Pooh wouod say, "My, what a very nice post." :-) Very relaxing, after all the caterwauling I've stirred up today over at my place. :-)

Trixie said...

Tech, I'm glad you had a good weekend. It sounds wonderful! Refreshing and renewing!
I'm more into Laurel and Hardy than A&C. I may have to dig out some of my old tapes soon.
I wish I could grant you a couple of weeks off as a holiday. I know you could use more days like this weekend. Me too.

Michelle said...

Ha! I love Abbott and Costello. Although I am sure my collection is not near as much as yours. I love the old "Road" movies with Bob and Bing too.

Africa Screams (1949) and Jack and the Beanstalk (1952..I think) are a couple of my favs. Ya just got to love 'em.

Glad you had a good weekend...

CrystalDiggory said...

It sounds like a lovely weekend. What is about shopping at Walmart that makes us want to go out and eat afterwards? It's almost a custom for me and my son to do that. :)

Unknown said...

Re: Lucy.

Yeah, I saw Ms Lawless promoting the movie on one of those entertainment news shows (ET?) All I could think was, "how can you sink so low, Lucy?"

Gloria Williams said...

What a wonderful weekend! Art, good food, laughter, and church. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, TECH. You deserve it.

You remain in my thoughts and prayers.