Monday, January 10, 2005

Woohoo!

      Have I mentioned Holly Lisle before? She's the author of several fantasy books that I like a lot. (The World Gates series is my favorite, and I'm hoping more will be written soon. It has an interesting and intelligent approach to magic and lots of excellent plot surprises.) Her website is in my Authors links. She also founded the writing community Forward Motion (in the Writing links), although she has retired from that to concentrate on her own writing.
      Holly Lisle has a blog called Silent Bounce that you can reach from her website. I stop by there every couple of days. Her blog (which doesn't allow comments for good reasons) shares the thoughts and trials of a working author. It's worth stopping by if you're interested in the creative process, and I think all writers are. We want to understand why we do the things we do and how to do them better.
      Anyway, somehow -- and this is what has excited me -- I missed that she added 51313 Harbor Street to her links! I noticed it a few minutes ago. A link to 51313 Harbor Street on her page! My little blog got listed by a real published author. Listen, I'm going to have the big head about this for days. I'll have to walk sideways through doors. I'll have to buy hats from a blimp company. I feel faint; I might swoon ... Okay, maybe not, but it's major cool, and it gave me a much needed boost today.
      And now I should take this time to plug Forward Motion, an incredible free resource for authors, particularly if you like discussing writing and its many aspects. It offers writing articles, discussion boards, writing challenges, critique groups, chat and lots more. (A word of caution: While I'm a member and read the boards two or three times a week, I'm not active in it because I found that chatting there took more time from my writing than I was willing to give up. If you're more disciplined than me [and who isn't?] you might not have a problem with that.) The people there work at being supportive for the most part, and FM polices trolls and other no-do-goodniks. You can spend days reading all the boards and good advice contained therein. Stop by and take a look.
      More later! But woohoo!

9 comments:

Trixie said...

Are you serious?? My blog is linked on a site that is now linked on a site owned by a real published author? I am so excited!

(see, I knew I could make this about me somehow...)

SBB said...

You funny, Trixie! :)

I should have paid more attention to the comments on my blog. A commentor (Jean) mentioned a few entries ago that I was listed on Holly Lisle's site, but I thought she meant the blog listings at Forward Motion. That's okay. I needed the boost today.

Erudite Redneck said...

Hot diggity! Good fer you, dude! :-)

Anonymous said...

Bud that's great, woohoo!
Randall

CrystalDiggory said...

Wow! How cool is that? Good for you!

Holly said...

I enjoy reading about your experiences with writing (and life) so I cruise by every day. I figured the folks who read my blog would enjoy doing the same, so I added you.

Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate them. And I'm delighted that you liked the WORLD GATES. Those were fun books to write.

Anonymous said...

Now she commented too!!! You must be so pleased!!! But I'm not surprised she likes your writing!!! We all do!!! :) :) :) Hubby says hi!!!
-Texan Susan

Erudite Redneck said...

Somebody pick TECH up off the floor! :-)

Gloria Williams said...

Wow, TECH, I'm impressed. Good for you. I was a member of Forward Motion briefly. It is impressive, but I found it overwhelming. I know it's probably because I'm so much older than anyone else on there. It's a youngster's world!