Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hutch

I carved a writing office out of my living room years ago. It's a small space and was never organized. Here's what it looked like:


Amazing, eh? Yet, somehow I produced five books and countless years of newsletters and other publications from that mess. But the plastic boxes that had functioned as book shelves were giving way after twenty years. So I decided to buy a hutch.

First, I had to clear the desk of 20 years of books, papers, letters, bills, etc. Here's what the clean desk looked like:


The last time that desktop was clean was when I moved into my current home. More than twenty years ago.

And here's the new hutch:


Nice, isn't it. I almost hated to put anything on it, but it's meant to work, and to do that, it needed a few things.

Here's my writing space with the hutch and all nicely organized and clean:


And there you go! I'm very pleased with it. It was a lot of work, but I threw away a bunch of stuff and organized the remaining. It's efficient and clean. 

No comments: