Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Hutch

Thinking of getting a hutch for my desk. Currently I use these plastic boxes two stacked up on each side of my computer and monitor with a board stretched across the top. I’ve been intending to do something better – better looking and more functional – for the past 20 years, which is about how long the boxes have lasted.

Alas, the plastic boxes are beginning to sag and crack. They’ve held long and in a task they weren’t designed for. Strange how temporary things can easily become permanent.

Since I’m going to have to replace the plastic boxes, I think it’s time to buy an actual hutch. And if all the books, CDs, DVDs, pens, pencils, paperclips, computer programs, paper, other office supplies, etc., won’t fit on the hutch, then it’s time to discard them.

Or more likely to find them another home. What? Me discard office supplies? You must be out of your mind.

No comments: