Monday, February 06, 2006

Morning

      A long, worrisome weekend that is leading into a long, worrisome week. The main worry is my niece's condition. I keep hoping and praying that the doctors will figure something out and help her. She has an ob-gyn consult today, and maybe we'll learn something, but more likely, more tests will be ordered. I'll let you know. She thinks they're really trying to help her, but it's frustrating to know she's suffering. I don't like it when the people I love are in pain. It's weird, but I'd much rather it be me than her. It's somehow easier when I'm sick than when they are.
      Otherwise, I mostly slept this weekend. I've been experiencing a mild IBD flare. It's cut into my sleep time so I'm napping constantly. Last night I got about six hours of uninterrupted sleep so I feel a bit better today.
      My local theater group met yesterday. Tempers flared. Not much fun, but I'm hopeful that things will improve. I sure didn't enjoy the stress. I don't know why people take it so blamed seriously. It's not like we're saving the world, folks. It's just so that some people can get on stage and enjoy themselves. That's all. Chill.
      I wrote a bit on Darkness, Oklahoma. I still haven't fixed the "town meeting" problem, but I had several early scenes that needed to be rewritten and new scenes that needed to added. I think I have a way to fix the TM problem, but I need to write on it some more.
      And now it's time to get ready for work.

5 comments:

jeannie diane said...

I am so sorry to hear about your
I will be praying for her. Please
let us know what she finds out.
God's blessing to all of you.

Erudite Redneck said...

I will swap prayers with you. Dr. ER is bedridden and in constant pain with a hip fracture, on top of her usual discomforts and hurts.

Anonymous said...

Rest all you can. We are all praying for you here. Just say the word and we will hire some one to slap the actors into shape. Wait that is the part you enjoy right?
love ya,
Roen

Mark said...

Tech, I am sorry, too. About your niece, and about those other things. You have been, and will continue to be a voice of reason to me.

I don't deal well with overwhelming stress, either. I can usually handle a great deal of stress, but lately it has been overwhelming me.

Among other things, my 85 year old mother is also in the hospital.

Michelle said...

Ya Know? I think this whole little circle of the blogosphere needs some deep Prayer.