Thursday, February 02, 2006

If I Were A Wasp

My stinger would sizzle red hot
as I flew around having great fun
aiming my barb at the deserving lot --

like jerks who will honk at cars run
slow by elderly folks as if such
rudeness could undo what years have done

and talk show hosts who wallow much
in people's pain for crowds who titter
at those who could be them if fate touched

and slobs who casually litter
dropping hamburger wrappers on trails
like we can move when this earth lies bitter

and flaccid fools who slaughter whales
because they unthink precious oils will
put the manly boing back in their quiet bells

the list goes on and now I feel
one wasp could be squashed or even caught
we need an army -- that'll be the perfect deal.

Copyright 2006. All rights reserved.

4 comments:

Trixie said...

This is magnificent!

jeannie diane said...

sting away..sounds like a bunch
that needs it.

SBB said...

Thank you, Trixie. That was a very nice thing to say.

SBB said...

Jeannie, my list goes on! :)