Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Still here

      Still here, but have more things going on that I can keep track of. I haven't forgot you and hope to blog aplenty this weekend. My sister-in-law's father had a scope today, but I haven't heard the results yet. I hope the news is good or at least that the doctors know what to do. It seems we've been surrounded by sickness this year. I'm ready for everyone -- including me -- to be well.
      This weekend I should print the patron packages. That will be a relief. After that, I'll just have the labels to finish. Then we should be able to prepare them at our July meeting and mail them the next day. And then I can work on something else.
      I've got to get out of debt! I'm looking around for a part-time job that would work with my full-time job. I received another medical bill today. I keep thinking eventually they will send them all to me and I will finally be able to plan for them.
      A friend of mine who is a good Catholic told me the following joke, so I will blame it on her!
      This man starts to walk into a bar when he is stopped by a nun.
      The nun says, "You evil man! To be going in there and drinking that terrible vile liquor! You should be ashamed! Even though a drop of liquor has never crossed my lips, I know how foul its taste is!"
      And the man says, "Wait a minute! You've never tasted a drop? Then how do you know that it tastes bad?"
      The nun says, "I just know. You can't convince me otherwise. You should come to church with me."
      The man says, "What if I bought you a drink? Would you try it? And if you still think it tastes bad, I'll come to church with you."
      The nun says, "Oh, no, that would never do for anyone to see me drinking! But ... I suppose if you could bring it out in a teacup, no one would know. And it would be for a good cause."
      And the man says, "You're on!" So he goes into the bar and orders a drink and then asks the bartender to put another drink in a teacup.
      The bartender groans and asks, "Is that nun outside again?"

      And on that note, good night!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sneaky!

Anonymous said...

FUNNY!

Gloria Williams said...

I love the joke!

You have my sympathy on the medical bills. It's a shame and disgrace that healthcare is this expensive in our nation. No wonder so many poor people die from diseases that could have been prevented if they had proper care.