Sunday, June 26, 2005

I've been busy

      It's been a busy weekend. I've done a lot of housework, laundry, filing, errands, shopping, and writing. And I was even able to work in a couple of naps.
      I'm slowly getting my energy back. A few more good days, and I think I will be hitting on all cylinders. I'm ready. I've got things to do.
      For one thing, I need to make more money. And the only avenue that seems open to me is to sell some of my writing. But I can't sell it if I don't write it and send it out. So I need my energy back.
      The patron drive for my local theater will kick off fairly soon, but I'm on top of that so far. I need to produce the patron letter this week as well as finish up the mailing list. Then we (the board) will stuff and stamp the letters at our July meeting. The patron package looks good, but we'll see how effective it will be. I'm hoping that we increase the number of patrons or at least not lose any.
      Oh, before I forget, some months back, I reviewed The Art and Craft of Poetry by Michael J. Bugeja. ER and Crystal, who also were his students, commented on the review. A few days ago, I received a comment on the review:
      "Well, what a lovely surprise to see that some of my students remember me. I'm the head of the J School at Iowa State now. Too much happening in the world for me to write poetry; I'm doing investigative work for a number of publications, and have a new book out from Oxford University Press. I'd love to know who you are, and you can email me at bugeja@iastate.edu."
      Those who know him might want to email him. It's nice to catch up.
      Now, it's time for bed. I hope your weekends went well. I hope our week goes well. Night!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wishing you all the best.

Gloria Williams said...

I'm glad someone is being productive. I just stayed inside next to the air conditioner all weekend. Texas is hot!

Anonymous said...

That's a bunch of work for a guy recovering from surgery! I'd hate to see you when you were completely well. You would be a blur!