Monday, January 31, 2005

Clarification

      A couple of people told me that yesterday's entry gave the impression that my back is hurting now. It isn't. It's better now. I hurt it in May. I was doing my back exercises yesterday and thought about posting about it. I do still carry my cane in my car, but it's just in case I need to park in the handicapped parking spaces. No, it's in case my back goes out. (The only car I've ever keyed in my life was one driven by a college student who I watched get out of his sports car and run into the post office. I've always felt bad about doing that ... mostly.)
      Not much went on today. Work and then writing (500 more words). I tell you that it's hard sometimes to come up with something to post. Well, not hard to find something, but finding something interesting, there's the rub. Truthfully a writer doesn't have much time to have adventures. I do the best I can, but I need some mysterious, beautiful wealthy woman to sweep me away on some exotic adventure that leads to true love -- or lots of money. I'm not particular. But instead I have to make do with my various small adventures. Tonight I'm tired for some reason so I'm going to close now. Night!
      Oh, thank you for all the nice comments on yesterday's entry. It makes me feel good to know my strange way of looking at the world is appreciated and even enjoyed. And hey, Susan2, good to see you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

While of course I'd follow your post about beautiful women or wealth (or preferably both) but it's the so-called "little things" that are interesting as well.

CrystalDiggory said...

I'm glad your back is doing better.

Anonymous said...

I like the little stuff too!!! it makes me feel like I still live there. I miss Oklahoma! Hubby says hi!!!
-Texan Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm with Joel and TexasSusan--it's the little things that make the biggest impact. Exotic places and beautiful women just don't interest me that much. Unless, of course, your exotic places are in the woods or by a fast-running stream. Then, I'm with you and could even tolerate the beautiful woman (knowing how much it might enhance your personal experience).