Monday, January 03, 2005

BAH!

      Bah to stinking Microsoft Windows and their terrible customer support! May a thousand poxes descend upon their wretched forms and torment them mercilessly day and night until madness reigns free in their tiny, unhelpful, rude minds!
      Ahem. I am a bit upset. My computer problems continue. It does not seem to be a hardware problem, rather one brought on by those endless updates that Microsoft sends out. Or maybe not. It's impossible to tell. I'm beginning to think that my computer has been possessed by an evil spirit. I'd sacrifice a Microsoft Customer Service Rep to it if I thought it would help. (It would help my feelings!)
      I've been pricing new computer systems. Sigh. To get what I need, I'm going to have to spend $600 or so. I know that's an amazing price considering how expensive computers were a few years ago, but when you don't have money, $600 is as impossible as $1,500. And then two major software programs that I use will have to be upgraded (Another $200) as the versions I have won't work with XP. (I still use Windows ME. Yes, I know, I know, I should upgrade. Got an extra $100 you'd like to send me? No, wait, I need $300 to upgrade Publisher, Elements and XP. Arggghhhh! And there's no guarantee that XP would even fix the problems I'm experiencing.)
      Okay, enough whining. It's still continuing to limp along. It's going to last a few more months if I'm careful with it. I'll start saving now, and maybe by July, I'll have enough to buy a new computer. Or upgrade. Or maybe just run away.
      Moving on. Since the movie's been mentioned in various blogging buddies' blogs (Say "blogging buddies' blogs" fast three times. Do you do everything I tell you to do?), let me also say that Love Actually is great. Crystal told me about it first and then Three&Eight. Both raved about it. I watched it a few weeks back. A great movie. Smart, funny, well-acted and filmed. I could have done with a bit less cussing, but hey, it's the Brits, and they talk that way. Especially the Queen. She's a potty mouth.
      Speaking of my foot -- I know we weren't but we are now so keep up -- it's doing okay, I guess. It lets me know frequently that I'm not following the doctor's orders (keep it elevated and don't walk on it for a few weeks, but hey, I have a job, and they frown on me not being here) but I'm being as careful with it as I can be, and it's doing better. I have some stretching exercises and use hot and cold packs for it, and I think it's going to work out. Or fall off.
      OU will be playing for the National Football Championship tomorrow night. Naturally I will root for OU. I support OU vigorously except when they play OSU and then I want them dead. We OSU fans are loyal to our school in all cases, even when our team plays a Bowl game so bad that it makes us weep -- not that I wept the other night as OSU went down in terrible defeat. I just wandered around the neighborhood wailing and tearing my hair and clothes.
      And on that note, good night.

No comments: