Saturday, April 14, 2012

M is for Maven

I used to be a tech maven. I loved new tech. New computers, new operating systems, new phones, new stereos, new MP3 players, etc.. They were all wonderful.

Now, I find myself lagging behind. Part of this is because of money. I don't have much these days, and the new tech is an expensive habit. The rest is that I'm not that impressed by the tech anymore. Nothing new out there. Just variations on themes. Faster perhaps. Smaller maybe. Different colors. A few more bells and whistles, but anything game changing?

No.

Microsoft is going to try to change the game with Windows 8. While I applaud their willingness to attempt something sort of new, I'm appalled that their new is basically just taking a phone user interface and ramping it for desktops and tablets. Sigh. This is what tech innovation has sunk to.

So chase the new tech if you will. I will watch from the sidelines and sip from a Luddite drink. The taste is not unpleasant these days.

Buy the new edition of Murder by the Acre here!
2012 Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now on sale!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: