Saturday, April 07, 2012

G is for Goofy

In case you didn't know, Blogger and GMail are changing the way they look this month. Mind you, this isn't for functionality or to offer more options. It's just a cosmetic change that someone is doing because they have to justify their jobs.

We used to get that in the insurance company I worked at. Changes for the sake of changes. Truthfully, insurance hasn't evolved much over the past hundred years. Yes, new sales and service avenues have opened, but the final product is the same.

Likewise, what Blogger and GMail provide hasn't changed much. Just the way we look and interact with it is going to be new. A will be moved to where C was and C moved to where B was and B floated to a new place that nothing was. It's non-productive to have to adjust to the new settings. But somewhere some designers put this forth in their on-going quest to keep their jobs. "See, we're being productive. Our programs look different." It's the ultimate in busy work.

Not that I object to any change that makes a program work better and easier, but that's not what's happening here. It's just new for the sake of being new, and that's goofy.

Anyway, this is what I did this week.

1. Continued to input final corrections on Creations 2012, the local writers group anthology. I'm proud of the design of the book. I think it looks quite professional.
2. Met with a friend about helping publish his book. On Target: God's Word for Our Lives should be out this summer. Maybe by the end of June. I've been working on this book with him since January. I'm ready for it to be born.
3. Household chores, of course.
4. Ate lunch with a friend on Wednesday.
5. Walked three days. Can't seem to make it four.
6. Continued on the low carb diet. Not as successfully as I have been. Was too rushed and had to grab food on the run. Not fast food, but fast choices that aren't as healthy for me.
7. Kept thinking of and fooling around with Murder by the Mile, but no significant progress.
8. Made a few more birthday cards for my portfolio. Oh, that reminds me. I went to a birthday lunch for a friend on Monday. That had nearly slipped my mind.
9. Got my old car started and actually was able to drive it to the car wash and get the dust washed off it. Sure wish I could get it fixed.
10. Worked on a new budgeting plan.

This week:
1. Work on Creations 2012On Target: God's Word for Our Lives, and Murder by the Mile.
2. Household chores.
3. Walk at least three days and try for four!
4. Continue the low carb diet, and do better about planning meals.
5. Call the On Target author Tuesday and remind him I need a bio ASAP.
6. Lunch Wednesday with a friend.
7. Pay bills.
8. Writers group meeting Saturday morn. We're supposed to sign contracts then. I hope everyone shows up or makes arrangements to get their contracts signed. I so want to order the books that afternoon.
9. Work on my front yard. I got flowers bought and put out in the pots, but need flowers in the flower bed. Haven't decided if I'm going to attempt tomatoes this year or not.
10. Blog on Harbor Street.

That's my report. Signing off. Over and out.


Buy the new edition of Murder by the Acre here!
2012 Oakleaf Harbor Christmas Cards now on sale!
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Amazon.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in paperback at Lulu.com
Buy Floozy and Other Stories in hardcover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes&Noble.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre in hardcover at Lulu.com

Buy Floozy, MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: