Thursday, December 31, 2009

HSCC: Last Day

And so the year is ending, and the 2009 Harbor Street Christmas Celebration is closing, too. Around town people are already packing up their Christmas decorations, and putting an end to another holiday season. It's sad how eager some of them are to get back to "normal" and to resume daily life. Perhaps their Christmas was sad or tiresome, perhaps their daily life is packed with excitement ... I don't know.

I do know that I'm always melancholy when Christmas ends. Nothing except cold winter months to soldier through, nothing to look forward to except spring and it seems so far away. But it will come. Always does.

Outside right now a cold drizzle is falling. Damp more than wet, chilly more than cold, grey clouds rather than black. A nothingness as it were. A muffled quiet. Time to keep the house warm, break out the daylight lamp, wrap clothes around you to keep away the insidious grey. It will creep into your soul if you let it.

But not tonight. Tonight I'm going to bask in the glow of a new approaching year. Of new changes and new adventures. New possibilities. New blessings. Of course, there will be disasters and mistakes and probably a few terrible things, but I found the perfect quote for this. Agatha Christie once said, "I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing."

So I'm glad we're all still alive, racing into the undiscovered country together. I pray that God will shower you with the blessings of health, wealth, and joy in 2010! Together with Him, we are unstoppable. God bless you and see you in the new year.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

2 comments:

etc said...

And a very happy New Year to you, my friend. It will be a grand new year. What an adventure, to be able to say "I was alive in the year 2010!" I hold very tight to the hope that there is a plan and I'm part of it. Despite all else that goes on in the world and in my world, my faith and my hope is that I'm living in my part of the big plan. Best wishes to all.

Gloria Williams said...

Happy New Year, my friend!!! God Bless You!!! You have a wonderful gift with words! I know 2010 is going to be your year to "hit it big!"