Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weekend Roundup

I was sick Friday night and most of Saturday. Too much stress at work so my stomach -- being a vengeful organ -- decided to punish me. The joys of IBD. Whee.

Good news, though, Saturday as both OSU and OU won their football games. Football almost redeems the cold weather of fall.

An acquaintance of mine was talking about how much he liked cold, wet, overcast weather. He said he particularly liked it when the temp dropped below freezing. All I can say is a man who will lie about that will lie about other things.

It looks like I'm going to be selling PrePaid Legal memberships in the future. I dabbled in this many years ago, but never really pursued it because my insurance job kept me restricted. With the many changes down at my office, I think it's prudent to look at my opportunities. If you'd like to know what PrePaid Legal offers, you can visit their website here.

Speaking of prudent actions, I have been attempting to rebuild my emergency fund after its summer demise (due to medical bills). The fund wasn't large, but it did help. Dave Ramsey recommends haveing an emergency fund, and I think that's the most important thing I took away from his books.

I've also been clipping coupons again. I used to do that years ago, but got out of the habit. I can't say I've saved hundreds of dollars this way, but every dollar saved is a good thing. Today I went to Walgreens and saved $2.50 on items I was going to buy anyway. That's $2.50 that I can use for something else.

I think that will do it for this weekend. I hope you have a great night and a wonderful Monday. Talk to you then.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like good steps. I think we should all keep moving were ever we find ourselves.

SBB said...

Exactly, Kent. Physical therapists like to say, "Movement is life." That's true in many ways.