Thursday, May 22, 2008

Things to chat about

      Crystal's on her way back from Florida now. I don't know why. Florida sounds wonderful. I think she should stay there and buy a huge house where we could all go and live. Doesn't that sound nice?
      Last night, I'd like to say that I worked on MBTA, but I didn't. I took the night off. Sue me. I did have a nice meal with TL and Kyra at a local Italian restaurant. TL moves to Texas this weekend. His lovely and talented wife Mel couldn't join us because she was sick. I suspect she's ill because she's leaving me -- my town, I mean. I'll miss both of them and wish them well.
      Kent is in Atlanta today. He was in Cleveland a couple of days back. About once a year, his job takes him to various cities. These are business trips so he doesn't get to sight see. Most he's stuck in the hotel or conference room. Not much fun.
      I've been trying to develop a friends list on my MySpace page. Slow going. I find MySpace confusing. It seems to take a lot of work to change layouts and produce good copy. I'll keep working on it. The potential audience is huge, but reaching them is the problem. You can visit my page by clicking here.
      Kristen received her Murder by the Acre t-shirt. She says she will produce a photo of her wearing it some time soon. I'm looking forward to seeing what she will do. I looked at her photos on her Flickr account and discovered she's an excellent photographer. She and Michelle have real talent with a camera. Wish I was so gifted.
      Trixie gave us two posts Tuesday. A long one and a short one, but both were interesting. I mention this because A) we've all been a bit slack in posting and B) I've always admired her ability to keep moving forward despite what life throws at her. If I'm the original bounce-n-go boy, she's the original get-back-up-n-go girl.
      I'm placing the following here because I found it interesting and helpful. These "laws" won't be in MBTA, but they'll make an appearance in MBTM, I bet. Thanks to Kristen for featuring them on her other blog.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

S. R. Ranganathan, known as the "the father of library science in India," and respected by librarians all over the world, proposed five laws of library science. Most librarians worldwide accept them as the foundations of their philosophy.

These laws are:

Books are for use.
Every reader his [or her] book.
Every book its reader.
Save the time of the User.
The library is a growing organism.


       And now I have to get ready for work. Talk to y'all later.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll miss you too Tech! But you know we'll be back to visit! Enjoyed dinner...

Kirsten said...

You must be a librarian at heart, to go looking up the original Five Laws.

Glad you like the pictures I've taken--can't promise that I photograph so well!

Was that the original or the new Italian place? Oh wait--is the new one even open yet?

SBB said...

Dinner was good, TL. Yeah, I hope you'll call me when you're back ... :(

Kirsten, I might be because I could see all sorts of possiblities in the Five Laws. It was the original place, and yes, the new place is open.

Jean said...

MySpace drives me nuts. I am constantly tempted to hit the delete this account button.

Anonymous said...

The sign of someone with too much time on their hands is someone who understands MySpace! ;)

Anonymous said...

Two days. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I want to go back to Florida. (Sigh) It was nice to get away.

Crystal

Anonymous said...

I hope you're going to post pictures of your niece's graduation. I hope you're going to tell us how it went. I hope you're going to do it soon. (hint, hint)

Crytal