Thursday, May 01, 2008

Strange to think

      It's strange to think that sometime next week, Murder by the Acre will be finished. After all these months. Of course, I will still have the proofing to do and corrections to enter and the cover design to finish, etc., but still, the major writing and re-writing will be finished on it. Sometime in June or early July, we will have a book.
      Actually we will have two books. Endless, my collection of poetry, will be out in June or July, too. In fact, Lulu is producing a proof copy of Endless for me right now. I should get it this week or next week. I already know -- or think I know -- that I'm going to change the cover, but we'll see what it looks like when it arrives.
      What's after MBTA and Endless? Well, of course, I will be doing joint book signings for both and lots of publicity work and mailings. As for writing, I intend to return to Darkness, Oklahoma and get it ready to go out to an agent or publisher. I'm also going to work on getting Floozy ready to publish with Lulu. (Floozy is my collection of humor.) Then in October, I will spend it plotting Murder by the Mile and getting ready for National Novel Writing Month in November. I'll be writing MBTM for NaNoWriMo. Yes, I am crazy. And then we'll publish Floozy and MBTM in 2009. That's the plan, man.
      Did you listen to the blogcast and enter the contest yet? You still have two days (today and tomorrow because I intend to do the 3rd podcast Saturday) to do so. And no, you don't have to submit a photo of yourself wearing the shirt if you really don't want to. And if I don't have have the size you need, you can always give to your children, spouse, or friend. I just want the shirt worn so that it will advertise MBTA. Is that so much to ask? No, it isn't. (TL, you could win it for Mel. And Crystal, you could win it for M or his girlfriend or yourself. And ER, you could win it for ... uh ... Hmm. I don't know if Dr. ER would wear it or not. But you could wear it yourself. Or modify it into a flag to hang beside your Confederate flag.)
      Speaking of the podcast, I'm hoping that we will have a "surprise guest" this week. I'll let you know if I can work that out. EDITED TO ADD: Yes, we can work it out! Frenzied Feline will be reading one of my poems this week on the podcast. Awesome!
      

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited that MBTA will soon be in our hands! I'm looking forward to reading it!

SBB said...

Me, too, Gloria! :)

Trixie said...

Be still my heart! A new podcast, with FRENZIED FELINE as a guest! And you'll be announcing me as the winner of the T-shirt! I should get my acceptance speech ready for your next podcast.
(You really shouldn't get the others' hopes up like that.)

Trixie said...

Oh, and what started my giddiness? News that you are nearing the finish line with MBTA!! This is almost like you running the marathon and you're less than a block from the finish line, and as soon as you eat a cheezeburger you'll get back in line to run another one! WAY TO GO!!!

Anonymous said...

It's very exciting to think you'll have not one, but TWO, books out in a couple of months. Can a beach house on an island be far behind? :)

Crystal

Anonymous said...

Out of town yesterday! I could try to win it for Mel...with her wearing it, you'd get more publicity!