Monday, February 19, 2007

If you're wondering where I've been

       If you're wondering why I haven't been posting much lately, it's because I haven't been doing much. If you're wondering why I haven't been doing much lately, it's because I have a miserable cold. If you wondering why I have a cold, can't you find something else to do?
       It started last Wednesday. I fought it with tons of Vitamin C and hot tea, but Saturday it finally got the upper hand, and Sunday it left me huddled in bed beneath the blankets. All in all, it was a miserable weekend.
       To make my sore throat feel better and to warm me up, I drank hot tea flavored with two tablespoons of honey and a teaspoon of lemon juice. I also dropped an orange-flavored Vitamin C in it to dissolve. It was very comforting. I wish I had some now.
       I dread work today, but I have to go in. And tonight I have the first auditions for The Vigil. Yikes. I can't cancel because it's already been in the paper and on the local cable channel. It's also been announced on the local radio stations. So I'm going to drag my weary carcass down there and attempt to be interested and enthusiastic about play -- which is a good play -- even though what I really want is to be huddled in my bed again. Sigh.
       People continue to comment on the heaven post of a few days ago. The discussion remains interesting, but I'm surprised a fairly simple post on what I believe about heaven and faith has generated this many comments. I guess you just never know.
       Do you have any special drink or food that you like when you have a cold? Any miracle cures? Share!

3 comments:

SBB said...

I guess no one was wondering when I've been because no one has commented. Sigh. That's sad 'cause I always wonder where you've been and why you didn't take me with you because I'm a great traveling companion as long as I'm fed and get enough sleep.

Anonymous said...

Zicam is a good idea. I've had good results with Afrin and Tylenol Multi Cold Symptom. And, keep getting those fluids! Hope you feel better soon.

Crystal Diggory

Anonymous said...

Look you just said you have a cold. We want to stay far far away! I have not had one yet! Hope you get to feeling better.