Sunday, February 25, 2007

Should have

      I should have posted yesterday. I was busy, but not so busy that I couldn't have posted, but there's only so many times I can write that I did my laundry, chores, filed and wrote. I thought I'd be able to post an excerpt from Darkness, Oklahoma, but the scene (the Blyman sisters visit a house in Darkness that no one visits) turned out longer that I expected and harder to write well. I have to watch the side trips. Darkness is filled with interesting places, but only some of those locations can figure in this book. I have to keep the plot moving.
      Hey, this is exciting news! Amazon.com finally has the third Spacejock book on sale! Naturally I bought it. I won't be able to read it until after the play is over -- and it arrives, of course -- but I'm looking forward to it. Now I just need to get the second one. Edited to add: I just checked: the second one is available, too. I bought it. This means I will have all three, including a signed copy of the first one. I promise that I won't lord it over you lesser mortals who do not yet have any of the adventures of Hal Spacejock ... much.
      Prayer request: ER's mom is doing poorly. Please remember her and his entire family in your prayers. I know he will appreciate it.
      A reader noticed that I removed a couple of blogs from my Blogs of Interest list. Both had removed me from their links so I removed them. No words exchanged and no fuss, just lack of interest I think on both sides.
      Have you been noticing the other changes in the links? I added several great financial blogs under the Financial heading. I also have a new section: Topics. You can click on the links under Topics, and be taken to a page of posts with those labels. I haven't labeled everything -- after all, I have over 1,500 posts to make my way through -- but slowly you should find everything that lends itself to re-reading in one place.
      Today I'm going to finish my laundry, take a nap, write some more, get outside and enjoy the sunshine even though it's a bit chilly. I hope you're having a good day. Talk to you later.

2 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

Thanks, TECH.

Anonymous said...

Some days it's nice to hear that "the only" thing someone has to do is laundry. :)