Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Catching up

      Monday night was tough. No computer! Just watched Ben-Hur. Did housework. Read From Dead to Worse. I couldn't believe how strong my attraction was to the computer. It's amazing to consider how much of my life is spent on it now when 20 years ago it barely registered in my life. Times change.
      Crystal suggested I have a computer free night once or twice a week. I'll have to see about that -- I do my writing on the computer -- but it's something to think about. Maybe once, but twice?
      A good thing happened Monday evening, though. I met Kristen at our local library. She's just as nice, smart, and funny in person as she is on her blogs. We had a great conversation in the stacks before I had to leave to go to dinner. I've always believed my regular readers/commenters are marvelous people, and meeting Kristen was more evidence for that belief.
      I had hurt my back Monday at work by bending over to pick up a heavy box. It's better, but it's still painful. I'm hoping it will continue to heal up. I intend -- if we get the pool set up and everything works -- to get into my swimming pool for the first time this weekend. I'm really looking forward to it. It's not a permanent pool, of course. We'll have to take it down in the fall, but it will do for a while.
      KFC has been offering grilled chicken recently. Not as good as what I can grill, but still good. If they just offered a baked potato to go along with the ear of corn and baked beans that they offer as sides, that would be one good meal. I've got to make it to our local farmers market soon.
      Tuesday, I worked during the day, dived back into Murder by the Acre in the evening, did some housework, and played some WoW. That was it.
      And now you're caught up with me. What's catching your interest lately?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're just going to have to visit my blog to see what I've been up to. :)

Kirsten said...

I enjoyed our conversation, too! But it was too short.

KFC?!?!?! You even admit that your grilled chicken is better, so what are you doing eating that stuff?

Glad your back's feeling a bit better.

Anonymous said...

See, if you had been on the computer Monday night, you wouldn't have got to meet Kirsten in person. Who knows what else might happen if you initiate computer-free nights?

--Crystal

Anonymous said...

Okay already, that's enough computer free-days. It's time to post something! How about a picture of your pool? How did you spend your Fourth of July? Why haven't I got the last chapters of your book to proof yet?

There, I've even given you some topics to write about!

--Crystal

SBB said...

I did, FF.

It was too short, Kirsten. And yes, I will eat at KFC. I told you that fast food is my weakness.

Good point, Crystal.