Thursday, February 01, 2007

A long day nearly over

      It's been a loooooooong day. I was productive at work, but not so much at home. I couldn't get my words on Darkness, Oklahoma tonight. The scene was wandering, not accomplishing what it needed to do to move the story along. It was only words. I backed up and came at it from another direction, but that led away from the plot. I have nothing against an interesting side trip or two, but that was definitely filler. Finally I gave up. I have other scenes that I could write, but I didn't feel like tackling them. I'll have to catch up tomorrow or over the weekend. Some days I get all typed out.
      Is there any reason that the movies on the Sci-Fi Channel are so consistently bad? Lack of money or lack of professionalism? They specialize in cheap creature movies and stupid gory horror movies. They're getting worse, too. NBC is not doing a good job with the channel. If it finally vanishes as many smaller cable channels have, you can't say that it didn't deserve it. It seems such a waste.
      I'm listening to "I Will Find You" by Clannad. I like Clannad, but the song is a bit creepy. "No matter where you will go, I will find you if it takes a thousand years ..." That's a bit obsessive, don't you think? May the person in the song doesn't want to be found. Maybe they have a protective order. Maybe they're very happy now that their seeker is no longer in their life. Still, the tune is cool.
      More cold winter weather heading our way. I guess I'll stop complaining about it, but I hate it! HATE IT!
      Even though it's only about ten o'clock, I think I will call it a night. You have a great tomorrow. And someday we will rise to greet a golden tomorrow.
      

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you slept well and may th words flow better this weekend.
Roen

Anonymous said...

There, there, Tech, Punxsutawney Phil says it'll be an early Spring, so hang in there. :)

DH agrees about the SciFi channel. Our former cable company took them off and he really missed it. we got them back when we moved and switched to satellite, but he's not found much he enjoys there.

SBB said...

Me, Roen. I hope the weekend treats you well, too.

Spring can't get here soon enough, FF. Yeah, the SciFi channel only has three good shows. Battlestar and the Stargates. Otherwise, it's a mess.