Saturday, January 06, 2007

Neutron Dance

      Busy today. I did a lot, I said A LOT, of housework today. Laundry, dusting, filing, vacuuming, filing, etc. I blurred all day. And now my get-up-and-go has got up and went. My back is complaining a bit now, but I wore my brace and was careful so I think it's going to be okay. I'm pleased with all I got done. A lot of stuff is organized and arranged better. Dug myself partly out of paperwork. I'll work on the filing and paperwork and the bills tomorrow. Or I might sleep all day. Except I can't do that because I have things to do.
      Today makes up for yesterday when I did nothing except go to work and then come home and watch TV and nap. I was lazy. It was wonderful. I don't even know how I gave myself permission to do that without feeling guilty. But I did. I think I need a few more days like that.
      I did go to the library and check out several books, including several authors I haven't read before. Because I'm one broke pony, I don't like to spend money on an author I might not like. The library lets me sample new authors. If I find one I like, I start buying them. I actually chanced upon Holly Lisle that way. My library had a copy of the first World Gates novel so I read it and then had to read the whole series -- a series that should have been longer. Sigh.
      Gloria allowed me to play with the New Blogger on Wry Words. (Thanks, Gloria!) I don't think much of it. Other than the ability to add labels -- which is kinda cool -- it doesn't have any features that excite me. I should probably switch now and get used to it since eventually we'll all have to go to it, but not this weekend.
      Let's see, what else? My street remains a disaster. It's not helping that it keeps raining so the crew can't get a lot done. You can sink to your knees in mud in the street. My roomie did it. He wasn't happy. I would have made a joke about how people pay big money for mud baths, but this time my common sense was able to slap its hand over my mouth before I said anything.
      The writing is going well. I've had a good time exploring the past of the vampire. I didn't think I could have a new angle on him because there are so many vampire books out there, but I found one that I like and that I haven't read before. He still remains a minor character -- the story belongs to Luke and Darcy -- but now he advances the plot and adds quite a bit to the setting of the strange town of Darkness, Oklahoma. If I write another book about Darkness -- and I plan to -- I think he might feature more prominently.
      I did watch two Westerns today while cleaning house. The Sons of Katie Elder and Night Passage. Both very good. I've seen The Sons of Katie Elder several times before, but I always enjoy John Wayne. I'd never seen Night Passage before, but enjoyed it.
      I think that's the whole day for me. How was your day? I hope it was good. Talk to you tomorrow. Night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol I am very glad you clapped the hand over your mouth, i know with that hurt ankle he could out run you and even if you got to the door and locked it he knows when you are sleeping! Alot like Santa!
Roen

SBB said...

Good points, Roen!