Monday, January 29, 2007

Cold front moving in

      More cold weather is coming. Freezing rain, sleet and snow. Sigh. I need spring. Desperately. Oh, well. I guess it will come eventually.
      Work was hellish today. Too many customers who needed too many things all at once. I handled it, but it made for frantic times. And when thingscomethisfast, I worry about forgetting some important item.
      One strange experience today: One of my customers brought in a quartz crystal to give me. She said it would "drain away negative energy" and heal my back. She had me place the crystal in my hand, then she made circles over my hand while saying three times, "The creator of all will heal." I bet you haven't had that happen to you today. (And no, it didn't take away my pain or heal my back. Surely you didn't think it would.)
      She did this in front of about six other customers who were waiting for their chance to treat me badly. It did subdue them. I think they were afraid that she was a witch and I'd have her curse them. Which is a thought. Although not a good one. Still, I did have a thought and thus deserve some sort of award for it.
      Both Michelle and Frenzied Feline answered Crystal's meme that I tagged them with. Stop by their blog to read their interesting answers.
      I still haven't found a way to use the Label list from the new Blogger in my "classic" template. I'm sure it's possible. I hope someone figures it out. I can make a Label list using HTML, but it won't count the number of posts labeled with a particular label like the Widgets used by the new Blogger do.
      Anyway, not much else to tell you about today so I think I'll close. You have a great day tomorrow! Night!
      

4 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

So, I was I a rock shop in Sedona, Ariz., in the early 1990s. I was listening to the customers and the lady behind the counter talking about the various healing qualities of this and that stone and crystal.

I asked if they had a stone that would help me control my credit spending. "Why yes," the lady said, pointing to a small bin full of some particular stone.

"Great!" I said, "I'll take one."

Then I paid with a credit card. The lady was not amused. :-)

I'm sorry I've been so scarce around here, my friend.

Trixie said...

Tech, when I made the switch to the "New Blogger" it was painless -- they already had the bugs worked out before I committed. Everything transferred easily in my existing template. Now when I make a new post, there's a little line at the bottom of the comment box that says "Labels for this post." Then there's a small white box where you type in your label. You have to be signed in with your Google ID to get that.

Trixie said...

And I answered the meme on my blog too, so stop by and say hi!

SBB said...

ER, that's funny!

Trixie, I've since discovered that the label widget doesn't work with the classic templates, according to Blogger. But supposedly, someday soon, it will. And Crystal will be pleased you did her meme!