Sunday, July 12, 2015

Depressing

Sometimes humanity just depresses the living daylights out of me. A friend of mine is gay. Her daughter is seven. Recently, she found out that her daughter wasn't being invited to a birthday party because her lifestyle. She called the woman who at least was embarrassed but still said that she didn't want children exposed to my friend. My friend offered to just drop her daughter off, but no go. So ... there you go.

Now before you rail against Christians, the woman giving the party doesn't attend any church nor claim any particular religion. She just doesn't like gay people. More than that, she fears that somehow a child of seven would influence her children to ... do what? Become gay? Be more friendly to gay people? I don't understand.

So ... yeah ... some people just make me despair of us ever growing up as a species.

No comments: