Monday, June 21, 2010

Too many errors

Well, I had hoped to find only four or five small errors in Floozy and Other Stories, but I've found about twenty so far (I'm on page 117). I had thought I might be able to have the book go on sale June 28th, a week early, but that won't happen now. I have to order another proof after this one and make sure I didn't make any more errors while correcting these errors. Still, it should be ready by July 1st, barring unforeseen problems.

Speaking of problems, I have to change the back cover some. I'll be losing a couple of lines and having rewrite a couple of others. Also, the gold star on the cover has to go as well as the large BEST SELLER. Turns out there are all sorts of rules about what books are allowed to have best seller on the cover, even if it's a joke as my usage was. Live and learn -- one of the more painful truths in this world. I also have to fix a margin problem. I'm hoping it won't take long to make these changes. It shouldn't since none of them are major changes.

I hope to transmit the book to publisher Tuesday night. Means I should get the second proof the early part of next week. Hopefully I will be able to approve that proof, and then the book will go on sale! That's the plan, anyway.

By the way, people who tell you that they enjoy line editing will lie about other things, too.

Anyway, that's what's happening in my world. What's happening in yours?

Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com.
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in HARDCOVER at Lulu.com.
Buy MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

No comments: