Monday, June 28, 2010

The Monday after

Last Friday I sent Floozy and Other Stories off to the publisher, took a nap, and just like that, all my energy and drive went away. I did a bit of house cleaning Saturday, floated a few minutes in the swimming pool, and watched some TV. Fought with my stomach a bit, but otherwise, did nothing else. I feel ... numb, maybe.

Of course, there's a lot going on in my life right now. Some of which I cannot as of yet tell you about. I do promise some shockers toward the end of July. Info that I can't share yet, but I will as soon as I can.

So maybe it's a combination of working hard on Floozy, events in my life, health problems, I don't know, but I feel empty. Disconnected. Like there's a transparent barrier between me and the rest of the world. Ever feel that way?

I have before. This will pass. I will come alive again. My mojo's just missing. It'll be back.

How's your mojo holding up? How's life treating you? Let me know so I can celebrate or commiserate as need be. Talk to you later.

Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com

Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com.
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in soft cover at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in hard cover at Lulu.com.

Buy MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Mojo? What mojo? I'm supposed to have a mojo?

SBB said...

Yup, EJ, you got mojo. All writers do. The more we write, the more mojo builds up. You probably got lots.

Michelle said...

I'm not sure. I've been numb for the last year. I'm starting to come alive again myself, however. Things are turning again and I find myself yearning for more when a few months ago I ran from it.

I've been lonely too long. I once embraced it and now..I'm suffocated by it.

Michelle said...

Mybe it's the sun. It's been gone too long.

SBB said...

Michelle, I know that feeling. I'm living that feeling. :) I gotta believe I'll make it through. I know you will, too.

Or ... we could run away to the islands and sip fruity drinks on the beach while half-naked people wait on us hand and foot. Just a thought ... :)