Thursday, August 27, 2009

Breaking the toe

Did I mention I broke my toe Monday night? I broke my toe Monday night. I dropped a book on my foot. It hurt a lot, but I thought it would be okay. The next morning it was swelled and started to develop some impressive bruising. Not anything they can do for a broken toe besides a little foam splint. It just has to heal. The bruising is spectacular, though. Blue, black, green. Lovely.

I have a new healthcare proposal: Send all your money to me. I will use it to get me the finest healthcare available today. Now there's a plan!

By the way, I love it when I have super speed on World of Warcraft. Wish I had it in real life. That would be so cool to zip along that speed.

You may notice the fish went away. (Yes, you may. I'm giving you permission.) Apparently after the latest rounds of upgrades, Internet Explorer 6 & 7 were having trouble opening my page due to the coding of the fish. Bye, bye, fish. Thanks to Gloria Williams for letting me know about this problem. I knew I was having trouble -- except not with Google Chrome -- but I didn't know other people were. A lot of my readers use Chrome or Firefox or IE 8. So far, no trouble reported on any of those browsesr. Let me know if any crop up.

The June family newsletter will be mailed out tomorrow. I had hoped to have the July one out by this time, but couldn't quite make it. I intend -- God willing -- to put the July one out next week. Then I'll just need the August and September one to catch up. The newsletter is a lot of work, but I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the actual designing of each issue.

And that's all the news I have now. How are you? I hope things are going well. Good night!

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

4 comments:

Trixie said...

Well, geez, Tech. If you didn't like the deal, all you had to do is say so. No need to go breaking bones to escape it!

Anonymous said...

Geez, what book did you drop--the unabridged dictionary??

Jean said...

Must have been the OED. If it were my luck, it would have been something like "Baby's First Pictionary" (cloth edition).

AK Huckeby said...

I shoved my foot through a bathroom wall slipping on my own vomit about 6 months after my wedding day - imagine the introduction to modesty my bride received that night. I remember this story as I too broke a toe that night...actually three. I think I taped them up for a month or more. AND, it was the flu - that caused the slippage. So, I was taping between trips to hug the porcelain. Good times...