Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Flare

      Been gut-wrenching sick the past few days. A major IBD flare. Very unpleasant. Upsetting. I had all these plans for this past weekend. My intention was to send Murder by the Acre out to my proofers yesterday. Didn't happen. Not going to happen. I probably only got an hour or less in front of the computer. Didn't get much sleep most of this weekend or last night.
      Saturday night I was fretting about MBTA and finally -- yes, I know you told me this days ago, Frenzied -- came to realize that it was okay if I took a few more days to finish it. A strange -- strange because it's unusual for me -- feeling of peace came over me, and I felt the pressure release. I thought, "It's okay. You can finish MBTA next week." I can't really explain how liberating that thought was.
      It finally rained here yesterday and Sunday, and today the sky is overcast. The rain and clouds have greatly cooled things off for which I am grateful. Continuous triple-digit temps are a bit much even for me. Unfortunately the molds have bloomed -- spored or whatever they do -- and my allergies are acting up. I feel rather blah what with one thing or another.
      I did get FTI on Chapter 7-9 last night. I have to take a scene from 9 and put it in 8 and then write a new scene to replace it for 9 as well as rewrite the final scene in 9. All doable and manageable. I felt much encouraged after I finished the FTI. To me, the story seems to flow with only a few awkward places that I hope I have smoothed out.
      Anyway, that's what's going on in my world. What's happening in yours?

2 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

Sorry yer illing, dude.

Everything in my world is revolving around my lower back pain. I think I hurt it when I sneezed hard a week-plus ago. Irritated an old strain. Way old. From the Winter It Never Quit Snowing, at home. Fell on the ice in front of what was then the high school and is now the junior high. That was 29 years ago!

SBB said...

I hope your back gets better soon. Back injuries are no fun at all.