Sunday, August 31, 2008

Blessed

I hate to continue talking about my health all the time. For one thing, not much has changed. If I’m better, the levels have increased in such small ways that I can’t detect them. I know I’m better overall, but this last slope seems to be taking a while.

For another, I can’t think of anything more boring than having someone tell you in exhaustive, mind-numbing detail about their health and every little thing that affects that. I hate to think of you having to endure it, and even worse, having to endure it from me!

The problem is, of course, I’m not doing much of anything these days. Being sick takes up most of my time with a bit of TV and a few books between meds and doctors’ visits. Overall, it’s a fairly boring existence.

One thing I’ve noted is you cannot will yourself healthy. Germs don’t pay attention to what you want. Your determination to be well means nothing to them. It’s a humbling experience when your body betrays you. I have such plans for when I’m healthy.

I want to finish Murder by the Acre. Got to finish it soon if I want it on sale by this Christmas. I need to finish outlining Murder by the Mile before National Novel Writing Month starts in November. I need to publish the August and September family newsletter. And hey, I should do my laundry and actually fold it instead of leaving in piles in my living room. And get my hair cut; my hair is longer than it has ever been. I go around looking like critters have made my hair into their nest. Things like that need to be done. Maybe vacuum my house. People keep asking me what they can do to help; I wonder what they would do if I said, “Hey, come clean my house. Help me do laundry. And I have maid uniforms for you to wear, too …”

Anyway, after talking about not talking about my health, I have spent most of this post talking about my health. Ironic, huh?

I do want to mention that I’m on Facebook now. My good friends Kevin and Jennifer got on Facebook and rapidly became addicted. I had checked out Facebook some time ago and dismissed it for various reasons. However, this time I signed up. So “friend” me if you have Facebook.

This morning I got to watch the DVD of a concert by Phillips, Craig & Dean, a contemporary Christmas trio. Absolutely awesome. I highly recommend it. Two songs on it touched me deeply: “When God Ran” and “Crucified with Christ.” The DVD is Phillips, Craig & Dean Live. I appreciate Mark and Marjie loaning the DVD to me.

My friend Kevin just called, and he and his family are going to bring me lunch. How cool is that? I have good friends. I have a family who loves me. I have many good things in my life. Despite my health problems, my life is good. I have been richly blessed more than I could ever deserve.

I hope you have a good Sunday. I believe in you, you know. Each and every one of you is special, however dumb that sounds. You are worthy of being happy. That’s a good note to end this post on. Talk to you later.

6 comments:

Jean said...

And you are special, too. You do SOUND a little better. And, hey, if I lived close enough, I'd be happy to knock out laundry. For me, laundry is easy (unless you're as sick as you've been).

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see that you're doing better now! I hope everything continues to improve. Looking forward to coming back up. We miss you guys!

SBB said...

Thanks, Jean. Hey, could I mail my laundry to you? :)

TL, good to see you! I hope things are going well for you.

Jean said...

Well, I suppose, but you have to find me first...

Jill of All Trades said...

Glad you are better. I too have battled some interesting health concerns as of late. It is frustrating when you want to be over it and carry on with life but your body just does not cooperate.

SBB said...

Jean, couldn't I just address it to: Jean, General Delivery, Texas Surely everyone knows you!

Jill, I hope you feel better. Thanks for stopping by!