Monday, August 25, 2008

Back at work

Well, I made it to work. It wasn't too bad, considering that I had to leave at 11:30 and didn't come back until 2. I started having stomach cramps and ran out of energy in the morning. I came home, was sick for a while, and then slept. That helped. Tomorrow I'll try again. We'll see how that goes. It's apparent that I'm not going to have any help down there no matter how ill I am. There's a lack of concern that truly upsets me, but I have to remember that the world is as it is.

My roomie bought dinner home from Golden Corral. I could only eat about half of it -- still probably more than I should have -- and saved the rest for lunch tomorrow. One thing I enjoy from GC is their bread pudding. My mother loved bread pudding, and after she passed away, I started eating it whenever a restaurant served it. Sort of a strange way to remember her, but she sure enjoyed bread pudding. I like to remember her enjoying it.

What else? I watched The Closer tonight and the season finale for Saving Grace. The Closer was excellent, but I like it better when Brenda solves the mystery instead of stumbling on the solution. Saving Grace was ... dare I say it? ... good. I like Grace better when she's helping other people rather than wrapped up in her wild life.

SciFi Channel cancelled Stargate: Atlantis. Jerks. Short-sighted, money grubbing, pencil-necked, tasteless jerks. Eventually the brass at NBC (owns SciFi) will strip the channel of any good shows, and I won't ever watch it again. Some enterprises deserve to fail, and NBC and SciFi do.

Prayer request: My sister-in-law's father is in a hospice. There isn't much hope. Please pray for her and her family.

And now I'll close. Take care. Be well. Talk to you tomorrow.

Well, that's all I have to say tonight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you about Brenda solving the case. Another thing about The Closer, I still don't understand how Fritz is just all of the sudden fine after their fight a couple of weeks ago. I expected that to be an underlying thing going on for at least a few episodes.

I've been watching Eureka on SciFi, and I'm liking that, but that's all I watch on that channel.

I hope you're feeling better today. Prayers for you, your sis-in-law, and her dad.

SBB said...

I don't think they are fine, particularly since in last week's show, she said she didn't want to have children. And he does. But this week, the focus wasn't on her and him. I suspect she's going to break up with Fritz. Or he will finally get fed up and leave. Brenda needs to learn how to bend.

I have watched Eureka before, but it doesn't hold my interest. Part of the problem might be that SciFi pulled money away from Stargate: SG1 to make Eureka originally. (Has to do with SciFi actually owning Eureka as opposed to Stargate, which is owned by MGM)

Anonymous said...

lol and tech does not hold a grudge right FF. glad you are back amoung the living hope to join you there soon:)
roen
ps added to my payers also

Anonymous said...

Roen, maybe he's just grumpy cuz he's been sick. ;)

Anonymous said...

You'd think she and Fritz might have discussed that before they even moved in together. This is what comes of putting the cart before the horse.