Sunday, January 06, 2008

A change in plans

      We had a great surprise this weekend: Mikey came to visit. We didn't know he was going to join us until Saturday afternoon. I had spent the morning doing a lot of housework and filing, expecting to spend the evening working on Murder by the Acre. Instead, I spent it with the marvelous Mikey. We had a good time. He's a wonderful little boy.
      This put me a bit behind on my schedule, but I don't regret it. Mikey will always take priority over the projects. Right now, he needs me. Someday he'll be a teenager, and then I'll be lucky if he will even acknowledge me! Or maybe not. He's fairly attached to me, thank God. And me to him.
      I've been using the recumbent bike regularly. Sort of overdid it yesterday and paid for it with soreness today, but I'll be more careful in the future. I like using the bike. Well, not as much as I like being lazy, but I can tolerate it much better than the treadmill. So I feel somewhat more confident about my weight loss goals.
      I've been surprised by the number of people who are hostile to New Year's Resolutions. I think they must approach it differently than me. Apparently when they stumble, they give up. When I stumble, I get up and then keep going. The thing is, if we never start, there is no chance at all that we will ever get to where we want to go. So we have to start. And keep going when we stumble. Yes, I will probably not achieve all the goals set by my Resolutions. I might not achieve any of them. But if I don't try, I can guarantee that I never will.
      I hope your first weekend in 2008 went well. How are you doing? Most everyone isn't posting much on their blogs so the news is sparse. I will be attempting to post daily, but no promises. I have to finish work on MBTA each day before I can post. Anyway, have a great week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went for a fantastic horse back ride to enjoy the great weather this weekend. Congradulations on the Mikey I know that is one of your highlights!
roen

Rain said...

Happy New Year, tech!

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Hum those must have been invisable posts as it is tuesday and still nothing!
ROEN

SBB said...

Roen, we had a lot of fun with Mikey. He's wonderful. Glad you enjoyed your horse ride -- even though you know I don't see the attraction! :)

Right back at you, beautiful Rain!

Roen, you're ... you're ... NAGGING?!!

Anonymous said...

A year from now you'll wish you had started today.