Tuesday, May 15, 2007

That's entertertainment!

      Here I am again at the theater. It's Tuesday night. The last night of rehearsal. The cast is performing like clockwork. I feel both proud and sad. My little actors are all grown up ... sigh. No, seriously, they're kickin’ tonight. Go actors go!
      I had my first diabetes class today. The instructor was good, I didn't fall asleep, I learned useful information, and I received free diabetes material and supplies. Woohoo! That's a great blessing for someone like me who doesn't have insurance. I realize such gifts probably won't continue, but they sure help now.
      I tried to get this computer down here to recognize my flashdrive so I could work on Murder by Dewey Decimal, but no go. It may be too old. What a bummer. I like to use "idle" time productively. What I really like to do is take a nap, but it's unlikely I'd wake up in time to cue the lights and sounds.
      I’m still adapting to this diabetes stuff. I forgot my snack tonight. It won't hurt much, but forgetting shows I have a way to go in adopting healthy habits.
      I used Cafepress.com to make t-shirts for this play. They arrived and look good. I was pleased at their quality and will use them again. I think I'm going to use Cafepress to publish Murder by Dewey Decimal. Their procedure seems simpler and less expensive than Lulu.com, particularly since I'm not attempting a huge printing run of the book. People who want to purchase it will be able to do, and I'll still have control of the rights should I want to do anything with it in the future. For that matter, I could always publish with Lulu.com later if the book warrants it. I'm going to make a calendar of some of my best photos and offer it for sale on my Cafepress store. At least that's my plan. We'll see how it goes.
      I've already made one calendar with Cafepress. (It's being used onstage in this play's set, by the way.) The quality was good, but the photos weren't my best. I'm going to remake it and see what I can come up with. Then I'll offer it for sale to the general public. Maybe it would make a good Christmas gift.
      And naturally I'm ready to work on Darkness, Oklahoma. I've been jotting down various ideas for scenes over the past few weeks. I think I'll be able to put some significant wordage on it. I'm looking forward to diving back into it. It seems like forever since I've got to spend an uninterrupted hour on my creative projects. But come Sunday, I have my life back.
      It's not that I regret the time I've spent on this play. I've greatly enjoyed the cast and interacting with them. My friendships with most of them have deepened. But I'm ready to be lost in a few of my personal worlds for a while.
      Have I mentioned it's kind of creepy to be in this booth by myself? This building is old and has a lot of strange sounds in it. Sometimes it sounds like there's someone walking behind me. Several people claim that the theater is haunted. I've not seen any proof of that, not that I expect any. I don't believe in ghosts or haunts or leftover psychic energy or anything else that people use to justify their over-active imaginations. However ... this is one creepy building. If any place could be haunted, this place would be perfect.
      I'm not as tired tonight so I hope to post this when I get home. If I'm lucky and the rehearsal goes as expected, I should be home about ten or so. I'll be off tomorrow afternoon working on things for the opening and trying to catch up on a few things. Like paying bills, folding laundry, picking up the program from the printer, preparing the food for the cast opening night feast, etc. I need to make a list and figure out what absolutely has to be done before opening night and do those things first. Then I'll do what I can of what remains. Sigh. I need to be twins. Of course, then I'd just take on twice as much and still be as rushed.
      Trixie and ER are both moving. I think both of their relocations are exciting. Scary, too. It’s always hard to start somewhere new, but I’ve got faith in both of them.
      Michelle needs our prayers. She finally received a diagnosis. She has a serious disease and is approaching it with her usual courage and humor. Keep her in your thoughts, and nag the Big Guy about it.
      Joel bought a new car. I’m jealous. We won’t talk about that.
      Lynn Viehl has a new book (Dark Need) that has climbed onto the New York Times best selling list. How's that for cool? Purchase it here.
      Holly Lisle has several great writing books out. If you’re thinking about getting serious in your writing, buy them here. They all available as e-books and some of them are available as print books. Well worth your time and money.
      Frenzied Feline is walking and talking. Her son needs our thoughts and prayers, too.
      Nightrider shares some Holiday Snapshots. I particularly like the one about the "tiny fireball." Reminds me of Mikey.
      A blog that I enjoy reading is Okiedoke. I stop by there often. OD always has something interesting to say about events in Oklahoma.
      Jean can't talk because she's buried in paperwork!
      And Rain is ... ah ... well ... celebrating something this month. I'm blushing myself.
      Just wanted ya to know that I'm still reading you even when I don't have time to comment.
      Time for Act 2. They're doing very well. Only a handful of dropped lines. It's going to be a good show.
      Did you enter the May 2007 Giveaway yet? I’ll announce the winner May 21. The winner will receive: Passion, a small book of my poems; the script for Del Shores' "Daddy's Dyin' Who's Got The Will?"; and a CD containing over 250 (but not much over) of my humor columns published in various newspapers and newsletters over the years.
      Wow. This post is long. Ordinarily only the excerpt posts reach this length. Of course, they're usually longer. Are you still with me?
      Well, I'm going to close now. They're on Act 2, Scene 2. They only have one scene to go. I think me getting home before ten looks good. You have a great night and a great day tomorrow, and I'll talk to you later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool you made the calendar that's being used on the set. I didn't know that, I'll have to check it out! Have a productive afternoon...

Erudite Redneck said...

"I’ve got faith in both of them"

Thanks, dude. The future has become scary to me.

Anonymous said...

yah your comming back to us!
Roen

SBB said...

What did you think of the calendar, TL?

You're welcome, ER. The future is scary to all of us. No matter how much control we think we have and no matter how carefully our plans are made, life can change in a minute.

Always, Roen, always.