Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Something had to give

      Truthfully, something had to give, and apparently it's this blog. I'm rehearsing two-three hours a night, working full time, keeping up the play's website, producing the posters and other printed material for the play, working on the March family newsletter, struggling with my back, and there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to get over here and post. You understand, Frenzied Feline, don't you?
      But I'm making the effort. I'm assuming you're interested. But you might have wandered off already. You're rather fickle, ER, and I think we should be honest about it. Not that I blame you. It's been boring over here. Boooorrrrring. Let's say it together: borrrrriiiiinnnnngggg. Some of you didn't participate. Roen, Michelle, stop passing notes and pay attention.
      So anyway, Jean, the writing is going so slow on Darkness, Oklahoma. A few words here and a few words there. I realize that this probably the best I can do with everything else I have going on, but I miss those rapid increases that NaNoWriMo generated. I'm hoping to top 60,000 by the end of the mouth, which will leave me 30 to 40 thousand to go.
      Trixie, I'm trying to eat healthy now. More veggies, more fruit, less red meat, more fiber. It's not easy in this land of fried fast food. Some restaurants, aware that people want to eat healthier, have started offering veggies on their menus. Battered and fried veggies. Because let's be honest. Battering and frying makes everything better.
      Crystal, did you know there's a recipe for Batter-Fried Twinkies? Yes, they take those one million calorie creamy cakes and roll them in a nut batter and fry them up. And pour lard on them as a topping, I guess.
      It's been a beautiful day here, Amber. Glorious blue sky. White cotton clouds. Not too cool. Not too hot. I should be out in it, but instead I'm in an office all day. Something wrong with that.
      So how's life treating you, Rain? Randall? Night-Rider? Everyone? What exciting things are going on in your life? Slim? Gloria? Share! And now it's time for rehearsal. Good night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand. When something has to give, it shouldn't be your sanity.

I'm kind of in the same boat--lots to do and not enough time nor motivation to get to it all.

Take care, maybe we can meet up next month! :)

Trixie said...

So good to hear from you, Tech. I feel like something is out of kilter all around -- sort of like the earth tilted a degree or two too far when we had the time change way too early this year. I don't know why they have to mess us up twice a year with that! This year was particularly difficult for me, it seems.
The things I've been dealing with do not make for good blog material, so I've remained pretty quiet for a while. I wish I could write of joyful adventures with happy endings, but truthfully I haven't seen a whole lot of happy for a while.

I hope your play is keeping you happy and focused in a positive direction. Maybe I'll pick up some positivity once we get through the painful spring sprunging.

Anonymous said...

I do reply. I just don't have much to say usually. I guess I am too busy talking. Glad to hear you are ok, just busy, I was wondering.
Roen

Gloria Williams said...

There's not much going on that's particularly exciting in my life, Tech. I stay busy with work, church, and my sister's children. I hope your schedule clears up soon so that you can continue to entertain and enlighten us on this blog!

Rain said...

Hi Tech,

I woke up one morning in January and realized that my personal life had entered the twilight zone. Because of this I have been trying to stay grounded and hold on to my faith. However, I know that that there is a silver lining just over the horizon, I just can't see it yet.

I want you to know that I read your site everyday for inspiration, hope and a giggle or two. You are special and I care about you. =)

SBB said...

FF, I'm still going to be here as much as I can be. Just not daily until the play is over or some of the other things on my ever-growing list are crossed off and I have my free time back.

Trixie, I'm with you there. I've been feeling either two steps ahead or two steps behind everyone for a few months. And of course, life hasn't been particularly kind to me in regards to health, wealth or personal relationships. But I'm still here. Alive and if not dancing a jig, I've not stopped moving. That counts. "Life is a circle and no one quite knows where it really ends ..." (Harbor Street Prize Points for the first person who posts what musical that's from.)

Roen, I'm always interested in everything you have to say. Your dogs, horses, life, your kids ... and even your hubbby! :)

Gloria, it sounds like you're doing many good things, and I know your nieces love spending time with you. You have so much love to share and share it you do. That's simply wonderful.

Rain, there seems to be a lot of that going around. If it helps, I've got faith in the woman I read about on your blog. She's strong, caring, witty, bright and loving. It's a winning combination!

Erudite Redneck said...

Not fickle! Busy! We're all too fricking busy ...

... and it ain't like yer Mr. Consistency over at my joint, either, so pbbththth! :-)