Sunday, October 29, 2006

Update

      Well, I feel better. The play opens Wednesday. My male lead seems to be feeling better, also. Keep your fingers crossed. The local paper hasn't given us much publicity and ticket sales are terrible, but I'm hoping things pick up this week. If we're lucky, the paper will run a story on it Monday or Tuesday. They've had the story for a couple of weeks, but they had a feud with former members of the local theater group and they can't seem to get over it. I actually go to church with the publisher of the paper. He doesn't know me, but I keep looking at him and wondering what type of man he is that he could allow the feud to continue.
      Did I mention that I nearly cut the tip of my finger off? I was looking in the knife drawer in my kitchen and reached for a pair of kitchen shears and cut my middle finger nearly to the bone. A lot of blood. They actually glued my finger back together. I thought they'd give me a stitch or two, but no, they used glue. Anyway, I have this bandage on my finger, and it makes it hard to type. I keep hitting two keys at once.
      I appreciate all the support I've been receiving during the play. Wish I could have you all in the audience. Any of my blog buddies who wishes to come, let me know and I'll arrange a seat for you.
      And now I'm going to bed. I need the sleep. Hope things are going well for you. Take care! Night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

please don't cut any thing off. We need you whole and typing! glad to hear things are working out for now.
Roen

Michelle said...

I wish I could come!

I am glad your doing better and hope that finger heals quickly. :)

SBB said...

Roen, I'm going to try to keep all parts! :)

I wish you could be here, too, Michelle. That would be so cool.

Trixie said...

Yikes!! Sorry to hear about the cut, and I hope it heals quickly!

Sorry I've been out of touch lately. For some reason things have gotten very busy of late and it's cutting into my blogging time. Grumble.

Sure wish I could come see the play.

SBB said...

Good to see you, Trixie!