Thursday, March 03, 2005

Well

      Aren't you tired of reading posts where I talk about how ill I am? Trust me, you're not as tired as I am of writing them. And no, it wasn't a cold. Let's just assume from now on that when I say "cold," I am indulging in understatement and that I am spewing from every orifice known to man.
      Truthfully the doctors are not sure what's wrong with me, but they're willing to spend every last cent I have to find out, God help them! The latest illness of the moment is lupus. Apparently I might have had lupus for years, and isn't it funny that none of my doctors over the years ever caught it! Ha ha. We'll talk about lupus and what I have to do find out if I have it and what this means when I know more myself. Presently, my medical team (I have a team!) is working on keeping my lungs clear of fluid. Important health tip: Fluid on the lungs, bad. My team is doing well, and my last X-ray revealed no fluid, but such a manly chest that two nurses offered themselves to me right then and there. And an orderly, too.
      It's been a bad couple of weeks, but today I am better, thanks to my team (I'm going to have to think of a good name for them). I'm on so much medicine now that I'm not sure if my symptoms are my illness or the side-effects of the drugs. I swear last night Superchicken and Fred accompanied me to a disco where we met Josie and the Pussycats at a shindig to raise funds to buy tires for the Mystery Machine. These are very good drugs.
      I actually went to work today. I explained to my team that I can be sick there as well as at home. There was some hesitation, but then I mentioned I needed that job to pay them, and it was green lights all the way. I did okay at work. I took a long lunch, which let me rest a bit, but I made it okay. I'm hopeful that I'm past the worst of it.
      I'm very thankful for your concern and your prayers and ask that you keep bothering God about me. I'm sorry that I couldn't let anyone know before now, but I hadn't turned my computer at home on since Sunday. Listen, you know that TECH is bad sick when he's not playing on his computer.
      I also want to say a big public thank you to my roommate. He took me to the doctor, to the emergency room, helped take care of me, went way above the duty roster of a roommate, and illustrated once again what a good, Christian man he is. Thanks, EC. If I'm ever wealthy, you will be, too.
      Good night all. God bless and someday we will rise to wondrous new world.

8 comments:

Trixie said...

Yes, one day He will raise you up on eagle's wings. But could you please not be in such a hurry about it? Wowza, lupus is a big one. I hope your team figures out (like tomorrow) that they were way wrong about that one, and that you really just have something that requires a hot fudge sundae as treatment.

Michelle said...

Glad you are ok. Errr...well...I mean enough to post, anyway. ;)

night-rider said...

I'm sure God does have plans for you Tech but we're all hoping they include a chance to fulfil your potential as a well person in this life first!

Gloria Williams said...

TECH! So glad to have you back! I'm sorry to hear that you've been so ill, but I'm positive God means for you to have a long, healthy life. I think it's time you got started on that! :)

Erudite Redneck said...

Man, I was going to call yer sister today to see if you were alive. Glad you are!

CrystalDiggory said...

I'm glad you're feeling well enough to post again. We miss you when you're not here!

Anonymous said...

Not sure what to say you did not mention the possibility of having lupus the last few times we spoke. I probably would have been panicking and telling everyone. Hope you get better. Kudos to your roomie.
Randall

Jean said...

TECH, good to see you well enough to be back on line. Sorry to hear it's not with you feeling well.