Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A few items of interest or not

I restarted my family newsletter. I haven't published it for the past four months. Simply didn't have the energy. But I feel better and finally mailed out the May (!) issue this Monday. I'm busy on the June issue and hope to finish it this week. Then I'll start work on the July issue. And after that, the August issue ... which means I'll probably be caught up some time in late September. I hope. I could have skipped those months, but my subscribers paid for 12 issues a year, and I'm going to try to give them 12 issues a year. We'll see how that goes.

World of Warcraft is taking some of my time these days. I've gone up four levels over the past three weeks and should go up another level tonight. Which will make me 66th level. In the past few months, weeks went by without me playing at all. In fact, I have considered cancelling it. However, I guess I was away from it enough that I'm interested again. Also, I'm high enough level that some of the more frustrating aspects have lessened. Or maybe I've finally learned how to play the game with a bit of skill. Either way, I'm having fun playing again.

Next week will be the season finale for The Closer. This season hasn't been as strong as previous seasons, although last night's episode about a shooting at a school was powerful and sad. I kinda like Warehouse 13, but they sure need better scripts. And get rid of the new girl. Or at least tone down her annoying personality. Leverage has been good, but not as good as their first season. And a couple of their cons -- particularly the one at a middle school -- were simply silly. Bones is good, but I'm hoping their upcoming season, starting in September, will be less personality and more puzzling crimes.

My roomie worked extra hard and got the swimming pool set up. I've been in it several times now. Very nice to float in the water and stare up at the blue sky. Is there a job where I could do that all day and make lots of money? There should be. I want that job!

Did you take advantage of the government's Cash for Clunkers program? Me, neither. My clunker, sadly enough, didn't qualify. Not that I could have afforded a car payment right now, but it was nice to dream. Guess my '89 Topaz needs to keep going for a few more years if it can. I could have afforded a car payment except I'm busy sending money to the various medical establishments. All of them -- except one -- have been really nice as I worked out a payment plan with them. One of them, however, still calls me every day, Monday through Friday, in a vain attempt to squeeze blood out of a stone. Good luck with that.

I received some news on my health yesterday. I'm not sure exactly what it means yet, but maybe they finally have a handle on what's been making me so ill. They've started me on new medicine this morning. It's a ten-day run of this. I'm hoping I will feel better soon.

Now I'd better get to work. Talk to you tomorrow! Have a great Tuesday.

Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Amazon.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Barnes & Noble.com
Order Murder by the Acre in softcover from Lulu.com.
Order Murder by the Acre in hardcover only at from Lulu.com.
Order MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How would your newsletter be at only every other month? Too much news? You could pick either the even or odd months, whichever are less stressful on your schedule.

I didn't care much for The Closer episode last night, though it's been fun watching her act with her real-life daughter.

I like the new girl in Warehouse 13. I think she will get less annoying as they all get to know each other, and their respective talents, better.

Yeah, on Leverage and Bones.

My mechanic/neighbor suggested I turn my car in, but I don't really want a car payment right now, and the repairs aren't costing me a car payment, thanks to my mechanic/neighbor. :)

Will be interested to hear more about your health issue...

SBB said...

FF, I've thought about dropping back, but for now, I'll continue monthly.

I didn't know the niece on The Closer was her daughter! That's cool.

So far, the new girl grates on my nerves. I hope she improves.

I'm looking forward to Bones.

I think we all have to tighten our belts these days.

I'm going to share more about what they found when I know how this is going to go. I'm hopeful, but I've been hopeful so many times before that I hate to jinx myself.