Thursday, August 07, 2008

Whelmed

MBTA COUNTDOWN STATUS: All proofreaders have confirmed. We remain at Yellow Alert. Chapters 1-5 are nominal and in FTI position. Chapter Six will start FTI tonight. Chapters 7-9 are on standby. Front cover is nominal. Back cover is on standby.

      I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the publishing process. There's still so much to do before Murder by the Acre hits the booksellers. Chapter Five had to be rewritten a bit to accommodate some changes in Chapter Three. It's done and in good shape, but I didn't expect to spend two nights on it. Hopefully I won't run into any other changes like that. I don't expect, but then, I never do. At least I'm confident the changes are making the book the better.
      I did okay on Weight Watchers Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday I had a terribly stressful day at work, came home, and attempted to eat the stress away. I accomplished that, but the points I consumed could have fed a small Third World Country. Twice. Okay, it was only 11 points over what I should have consumed (43 points instead of 32), but it did seem like a lot of food. I thoroughly enjoyed it, don't intend to do it again anytime soon, and that's that. Today, I'm was good. Very good. Until this evening when I went and ate food at the Mexican restaurant, but wait, I did limit myself and avoided the cheese and didn't eat a sopapilla and stuck to one of the more healthy choices for the meal. So I'm doing okay. And I haven't snacked tonight at all. Yeah, I'm bragging. Pride goeth before a pizza, right?
      By the way, I am posting on The Great Slimdown again. Today I posted an excellent and easy salsa recipe from Weight Watchers. Trixie mentioned she missed TGS, and I did, too. I hope we can get people posting there again. I know I need the support. Don't you?
      My younger sister continues to recover and is doing well. My brother-in-law is recovering from his facial surgery and is doing well. My niece is still in the hospital, but may be well enough to go home in the next few days, we hope.
      By the way, Adam Huckeby has started a new blog. Stop by This Fluid Life and say hi. He's reposting some interesting posts from his earlier blog so there's plenty to read and soon to be more, according to Adam. Worth a read.
      And that's all I have to write about tonight. Hope things are going well for you. I'm doing okay, not really over-whelmed, certainly not underwhelmed, just whelmed. I hope you're whelmed, too. Night!

3 comments:

Trixie said...

I love a good whelming, don't you?

AK Huckeby said...

Thanks for the plug. Keep it up - I just started my own little weight whipping program. First day I ate way too much fiber (I won't go in to details as to how I know it was way too much). Suffice to say, you gotta ease into that kind of thing. Have a great weekend!

AK Huckeby said...

Dude, thanks again for the plug, but google just ticked me off...blogger, google, whatever...they just locked my other blog saying it might be a spam blog. It's been a week, and they still haven't unlocked it. I'm a bit of a hothead when it comes to this kind of thing, so this might just sour me on google all together. I might be out of here again. We'll see. Sorry for the trouble...saw you added me to your list of blogs again...oh well, that's life.