Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Same old song

      My uncle John seems somewhat better tonight. There's talk that he might get to move out of ICU if he continues to improve. We still don't know the extent of damage or even if he's going to make it through this, but there are encouraging signs. I know your prayers are helping. Thank you and please continue.
      Rehearsals for the play are going well, I think. I still have a couple of cast members who have yet to fully commit to their parts, but they're heading that way. As I've watched the play come alive, I've become more and more excited about it. It's hard for me to judge my own work, but I think I may actually have something good here. There's still a lot of work to do, but I feel good about it.
      I have a list of things that still have to be done for the play. Every day, I try to check off at least one of them. So far, so good. If I can continue at this pace, everything will get done on time. In fact, I'll even be able to do some little extras that I think will enhance the audience's experience. We'll see how it goes. This is assuming my back lets me, and no other disasters happen.
      I am very, very VERY tired of my back problems. Not that my frustration changes anything, but I have to vent occasionally. I'm hoping that my back continues to improve and that I can resume normal activity at least by December. The thought of going through Christmas like this is depressing. But I will do what I can do, and I guess that's just the way it has to be right now.
      That seems to be all my news today. I hope your day was good, filled with wonderful things. Night!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad your Uncle is better. I hope it continues.

Gloria Williams said...

Your uncle and your family will be in my prayers.