Saturday, October 07, 2006

Here 'n' there

      It's been difficult lately to think of titles for these posts. I wander around a lot, touching on various things as they occur to me. Rarely do overall themes develop. So think of this as a ramble, just walking around here 'n' there.
      First stop: a back update. Well, it's getting better, but s-l-o-w-l-y. Very slowly. I have to be extremely careful in all my activities, and some things simply aren't possible right now. I'm tired of the limitations and restrictions, but I'm hope as I lose weight and then can begin back exercises and more vigorous therapy, I will regain my former freedom of movement. I'm tired of hauling my cane and walker everywhere. And don't get me started on the joys of a wheelchair. I shouldn't complain. After all, I have the possibility of leaving all of this behind while many people have to adapt to spending their whole lives in a chair.
      And that leads us to the weight loss plan. I'm on a 1,200 calorie a day diet. So far, so good. I'm hungry a lot of the time, but it's not so terrible I can't control it, and there's plenty of low- and no-calorie treats in my house now. As the diet continues, I'll get used to it and eventually won't feel hungry. Or as hungry as I do now. I'm willing to go through this to regain my health. And when I can exercise again, I'll be able to lose weight more rapidly as well as add more calories to my diet. Eventually the doctor says that I'll be able to consume 1,500 to 2,000 calories a day, depending on my activity level.
      The play is going well. I gave everyone the night off Friday. They were doing well, and we were needed a break. Truthfully, I was exhausted and desperately needed a night off. I watched TV last night and slept and generally recharged my battery. It was a good night. We'll resume practice on Monday night. We'll be three weeks from production then. Yeah, there's a bit of panic on that, but we're on track. And I think it's going to be a good show. So far, the cast is upbeat and positive and seem to be enjoying themselves. It's got some suspense and some laughs and even a bit of depth to it. I think the audience will enjoy it. We'll see.
      Today I spent in doing some light housework and laundry as well as attempting to organize my desk. I also worked on the community theater webpage and the poster and program for the play. Otherwise, not much.
      And that's it for tonight. I hope you had a good day and will have a great day tomorrow. Talk to you later. Night!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am glad your back is better, albeit slowly.