Tuesday, October 24, 2006

First tech rehearsal

      It went okay. Well, actually it didn't. There were starts and stops and sound effects in the wrong places and doors that were closed that should have been open and open doors that should have been closed and misplaced props and the whole thing went on too long, BUT there was nothing we can't overcome. It should go faster each night as the cast and crew learn what they have to do.
      First tech rehearsal is always rough. What seems easy on paper can be quite complicated in real life. Best laid plans and all that. But as I said, there is nothing here that a few practices won't fix.
      So far, it's coming together the way I want it to. I think it's going to be a good show, a step above what's common. At least I hope so. Privately, I'm looking forward to when it's over, and I get my free time back. I'm enjoying the process, but I'm also exhausted and worried and all the emotions that come with opening a play.
      I hope that some of my family will be able to come and see the play. I think it's something to proud of, and I'd like to share it with them. I'm hoping my brother and his family will be able to make it. I don't really expect anyone else, but it would be cool if they did come.
      Perhaps this is bragging, but I'm proud of myself. I've actually directed this play with my back as bad as it is as well as working every day and keeping caught up at home. It's been hard, and I've really had to push myself, but I've done okay. In less than two weeks, I'll be able to relax and veg a bit.
      Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I'm still out here, still thinking of you all and still hoping life is treating you well. Adios!

6 comments:

Jean said...

I'm proud of you, too. I hope everything continues to do well for the play. Break a leg (it'll keep your mind off your back).

SBB said...

Thanks, Jean!

SBB said...

Thanks, FF! Uh ... doesn't that make it hard to walk? :)

Gloria Williams said...

Break another leg, Tech! :)

SBB said...

Ouch, Gloria! How many limbs do y'all want broken? :)

Thanks for the well wishes ... I think.

Jean said...

Methinks the Mafia has invaded TECH's blog comments...

No more breaking of limbs. Doesn't TECH have enough troubles? And besides, we need him to run this play.

(The BEAR looks mean.)