Thursday, October 12, 2006

Dialogue Alpha

      Visitor numbers and comments are down.
      What did you expect? You haven't been posting regularly, and what you have posted is rather dull.
      I do so appreciate you for pointing that out. I must remember to thank you properly soon.
      Now, don't get your drawers in an uproar. I didn't say it was your fault. You've been involved with that play and rehearsal and work, and so nothing interesting has happened in your life to write about. You can't help it if your boring life bores other people. Look, I'm yawning right now.
      Was that supposed to comfort me? If so, might I suggest that you NEVER work the suicide hotline. You'd be the only counselor who wouldn't have any return callers.
      Well, it came out differently than I meant it. I was just saying that you're busy and that keeps you from having adventures to share.
      That's true enough, but I read other blogs, and they seem to have something to say even when there's nothing interesting going on in their lives. For instance, yesterday I was reading a blog by a young lady, and she wrote an entire long entry about how she bought some apple candles and how the scent of them reminded her of her grandmother cooking and how her grandmother once marched in a civil rights rally and was beaten by police and later shook hands with Martin Luther King.
      So your relatives have never done anything exciting?
      Well, sure they have, but I can't say that I'm particularly motivated to write about them or to relate what they did to my current life. The apple blogger neatly tied in her feelings about the Iraqi war and violence in the movies and ended with an impassioned plea for peace throughout the world.
      That sounds interesting. Do you have her web address?
      Yes, it's ... wait a moment ... NO, I don't have her address. You just want to leave here and go to her blog!
      I didn't say that.
      You were thinking about it, you blog tramp.
      I was not.
      Liar.
      Okay, maybe a little, but let's be honest here. You've got to do something interesting to keep my attention.
      I updated all the scrollies today. And there's a new quote on the sidebar and on the bottom bar.
      Heh heh. You said bottom.
      Good grief.
      I appreciate the new scrollies. And the quotes. I really do.
      I also added coding so that the comment line shows who commented.
      Woohoo.
      You're jaded and can't accept the simple joys of blogging. You want fireworks and violence and sex! You want me to pander to man's basest instincts! I won't do it! 51313 Harbor Street will stand against the rising tide of darkness!
      I'll just start humming the "Battle Hymn of the Republic" while you climb on your soapbox.
      I think I hate you.
      Now, now, now. That's no way for the defender of truth, justice and web politeness to talk.
      Yes, it's definite. I DO hate you.
      If it makes you feel better, this entry has been interesting.
      Really? You're not just saying that?
      Welllll, actually --
      No, that's fine! You don't have to say anything else. I'm content with that.

13 comments:

CrystalDiggory said...

He's back! Or his alter ego is back. Somebody's back...

Yay!

SBB said...

Yes, I'm back.
Me, too.
And me, too.
DON'T FORGET ABOUT US!
We're all back, okay? Okay.

Gloria Williams said...

LOL!

I always find you interesting, Tech. :)

SBB said...

Thank you, Gloria. You're very kind.

Jean said...

It's not you. It's me. Really. I'm glad to see you're getting to the bottom of this. (Heh, heh, heh, wink)

I'd forgotten about the multiple personality thing -- or is that new? Perhaps the play is just one thing too many. Are you sure you're ok? Do I need to take your temperature?

Trixie said...

Hi Tech,

This is a fun post. I just haven't had much to comment about lately. Not meaning to be neglectful or to ignore you. I really wish I could see your play to see what has been taking so much of your time.
I haven't had much to blog either -- it's definitely dreary over at my place, but it's just because I've been caught up with the daily everyday stuff.

I think I'll go light a candle to enjoy for the rest of the evening, though.

Michelle said...

How did you do that? On the comments?

Or them...the other guy, that's really you...

Anonymous said...

How are all you all? ( that is correct right? you all singular and all you all pl.?) Anyway, tell yourself to get off your back your are trying to heal it right now. love the post and can you video the play? or just the fun parts and send it to us? We could pay.No really the check is already in the mail.
Roen

SBB said...

Jean said bottom. Heh heh.

Oh, there's always been a multiplity of me. I think all writers have it. It's what gives us none only Second Thoughts, but Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts as well as Fifth thoughts sometimes. (You probably have to read Terry Pratchett to understand the whole thoughts thing, but hey, that's not my problem. You can read.)

And no. Absolutely not on that whole temperature thing. The doctor said that to me and the next thing I know, he's got out this thermometer that was the size of a baseball bat -- it had Babe Ruth's signature on it -- and you won't believe where he wanted to put it! And I told him, "Absolutely not. At least not without a dinner and a movie first." And he laughed and then called in his entire staff, including two people who were just in the waiting room, to watch the whole procedure. I don't know who keyed his car afterward.

SBB said...

(Sung to the tune of Hello, Dolly!)

HARBOR STREET CHORUS
Hello Trixie!
Well, hello Trixie!
It's so nice to have your comments back where they belong
You're posting swell, Trixie,
We can tell, Trixie,
You're still glowin',
you're still crowin'
You're still goin' strong.
We feel the blog swayin'
For the band's playin'
One of your old fav'rite posts from 'way back when
So ...

TRIXIE
Wow wow wow, fellas

HARBOR STREET
Hey, Yeh!

TRIXIE
Look at the blogger now, fellas

HARBOR STREET
Wow!

ALL
Trixie'll never go away
Trixie'll never go away
Trixie'll never go away again!

SBB said...

Michelle, I/we/then found it under Blogger Help in Blogger Hacks. It was easy to do, even for me/us/them. :)

SBB said...

Roen! How are you? Hope things are well up there.

But Roen, you and Trixie are close enough that you could come and see the play. Randall and Crystal are coming to see it. I wish ER would rouse his redneck self and finally make the trip down here. Maybe he and Dr. ER and Trixie could trek down here together. Anyway, that would be so cool ... We'd all like that.

Trixie said...

Oh my gosh that's the funniest post I've ever seen! I could totally see Foghorn Leghorn singing that.

You should post a link to the web site for the play.