Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Cool!

      51313 Harbor Street was chosen as Blog of the Day by Gill of Sometimes It's Peaceful. Thanks, Gill. Your blog has good reading on it, too.
      In things not so cool, E.R. is currently hosting a hot and getting hotter debate on Terri Schiavo. When I posted a link to Holly Lisle's article about Terri, I wasn't attempting to start a debate here or over there. I just thought the article was excellent.
      I've watched these Net debates over the years at various sites. Nothing ever gets decided, and usually people get their feelings hurt. I choose to avoid flame wars on my blog and will cheerfully delete comments that I think go over the top. Of course, E.R. has a different approach to his blog than me. He welcomes debate, and his blog has a public meeting feel to it. Mine is more sedate and peaceful, like a welcoming harbor after a hard day at the sea of life. Or something like that but not so dorky. I will say this: While I don't always agree with E.R., I always admire his way of expressing himself. And ever so often, he puts his finger right on the problem.
      In book news, we're not going to talk about it. Don't press me! I feel rather cornered about the whole thing, and I might bite. But at least I'm not having to wade through 900 pages. (See Silent Bounce for a photo of 900 pages of manuscript. Makes my eyes hurt just to think about it.)
      And on that note, good night.

5 comments:

Erudite Redneck said...

Dude, you have pretty much captured the spirit of my place. :-) And congrats on yer blog o-the day!

Anonymous said...

HOORAY!!! Other people love you as much as we do!!!

Trixie said...

Thanks for being our harbor, Tech! And congrats on being recognized.

Gloria Williams said...

Congratulations TECH! It's easy to see why they chose your blog. It's certainly my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, it's good to see you being recognized you've done such good job with this. I agree those endless debates never change anyones mind on an issue.
Randall