Thursday, September 26, 2024

WRP: "Why Kathy Renee Walker Writes"

Three days a week, I meet with other writers in Writing Room Prime on Zoom where we spend an hour focused on writing, plotting, or anything that advances our careers as writers. I've been asking the participants why they write. Here's one of the answers.

"The first time I remember writing something was in my eighth-grade English class. We were assigned a short essay. My home life had so much drama that I wrote about a place I went to for comfort and peace. The teacher told me I should write my thoughts in a journal. That was the beginning of several journals stacked up in my closet. As my life progressed and I faced my own mortality, I decided I wanted someone somewhere to know about me and my family. Most of my current projects are about my life but are fictionalized. It is my prayer that God allows me to write all of these stories. I currently have one finished and edited short story, two that will be full novels, two novelettes, one short story, a few poems, and one song lyric. When I get all of these on paper, I am sure I will have more. Now, I can't even imagine not writing. It is like fresh air in a stale world; I need it to live."
~ Kathy Renee Walker, author of the forthcoming For All of Time



No comments: