Sunday, May 15, 2022

Just so you know

Just because I don't argue with you doesn't mean I agree with you. Because I don't fill my timeline with hate, ignorance, and prejudice disguised as political memes or stances, I have found that some people mistakenly think I agree with their particular poison. But I don't.
 
Oh, you have the right to say whatever you want, but I also have the right to research what you say and then discard the parts not based on healthy thought. And if you ask me, I will tell what science, what faith, what the Bible, what compassion, what wisdom says.
 
If you can produce evidence not based on repeating what the hollow news shows say, what Twitter says, what biased internet sites say, what you "just feel in your gut" to be true, then I will adjust my worldview accordingly. But getting louder, getting meaner, getting hateful, just makes my position stronger and harder.
 
Just so you know.
 
And if you think this applies to you, then it does. And I am not sorry. If your friendships and your loves are based on people parroting what you think--and all of us are wrong in some things--then you are a tiny person. You should try to grow. Or not. If you decided to settle down in your journey, at least try to find a place where your mind can roam freely and see the horizon and maybe a bit of what is over it.

No comments: