Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Oasis

Busy today with housework, financial matters, job searching, and promoting the upcoming book signing at the Ada Public Library. (In case, you've forgotten, it's Friday, Sept. 10, 4-6 p.m. Drop by!) I took some new flyers to the library, put up a new sign on the library's entrance, went downtown to pass out flyers, and put a few up in the windows of local merchants.

I stopped by Karen's Art and Framing (108 East Main, Ada, Oklahoma). I've known Karen for a number of years, but hadn't been in her shop in a couple. Wow. What beautiful artwork. Of course, she can frame just about anything and make it into a work of art, but she also purchases prints and originals and has a small art gallery. I spent a wonderful 45 minutes wandering around and soaking up the art. I enjoyed talking with her and hearing her insights about the pieces. I highly suggest you drop by. That visit was an oasis of renewal in a stressful day. Thanks, Karen.

Following the book signing in Ada, I'll be at the Chisholm Trails Book Festival in Duncan the next week, and then at Muldrow the weekend following that. It's a busy month for Floozy and Other Stories and me. How's the month working out for you?




No comments: