Sunday, April 11, 2010

It may just be me

There's nothing like working on something humorous to put me into a melancholy mood. Working on Floozy makes me sad. Conversely, working on a tragic scene in Dragons Gather makes me zany. Are other people like that? It may just be me.

Is there anyone out there reading this? My hits have faded away, but I like to think there's someone reading these words and agreeing or disagreeing or simply absorbing what I've wrote so that they can reflect on it when they have a quiet moment. Are you there? It could just be me talking to the people in my head, my audience as it were.

I used to get a lot of comments. That's how I knew. A famous writer whose name escaped me said that he would rather people hated his work than ignored it. I think it was Oscar Wilde, although I can't find the quote. Maybe it's not him. It could just be me.

Although I would rather have them ignore my work then hate it. Especially in this day when the wrong vote on a health care bill can get you and your family death threats. I find few things important enough to kill for in the abstract. Like most people I would find nothing wrong in shooting someone who broke into my home and threatened my loved ones, but feel ambivalent about the death penalty. The difference between concrete and abstract is a thin red line. Or is it just me that thinks that?

As for Floozy, I didn't reach 200 pages this weekend. Things turned out to be more difficult that I expected, but I did reach 162 pages. Another 38 or so to go, and then we can look at exactly how long the book should be vs. what it will cost to produce. I should reach 200 by next weekend.

That's all for tonight and for this weekend. I hope you had good days. I hope you continue to have good days. Talk to you later.

Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Amazon.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Barnes&Noble.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by Dewey Decimal at Lulu.com

Buy Murder by the Acre at Amazon.com.
Buy Murder by the Acre at Barnes & Noble.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at BooksAMillion.com
Buy Murder by the Acre at Lulu.com
Buy Murder by the Acre in HARDCOVER at Lulu.com.

Buy MBTA & MBDD items and more at Oakleaf Harbor

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm still here! If you judge my blog hits by comments, I have a half-dozen readers so I know where you're coming from there.

Kirsten said...

Don't forget, some of us read through RSS and only come here if we've got something to say.

SBB said...

Glad to see you, EJ! Hey, don't you have a book coming out that you were going to tell me about?

Hey, Kirsten! I didn't even know you came by anymore. Well, I guess you don't since you use RSS. :(