Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Harbor Street Christmas Celebration

And now we start our Harbor Street Christmas Celebration 2008 with a quick and delicious recipe from my older sister.

Microwave Fudge

1 lb. box of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of cocoa
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of chopped pecans or crushed peppermint and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint flavoring
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Prepare an eight inch square pan by lining with foil and then buttering the foil. In a microwaveable container, mix the sugar and cocoa. Place butter on top of the powdered sugar/cocoa mix. Pour in milk. Microwave on high for two minutes or until the butter is melted. Stir and mix well. This mixing process will take a few minutes. When it begins to thicken, add chopped pecans and vanilla. (This recipe can be adapted using crushed peppermint instead of nuts and adding 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint flavoring.) Pour mixture into pan and let harden.
*

Things went okay at the doctor today. He couldn't rule out cancer, but he thinks it's unlikely. We'll know for sure after I have another test. So that was good news. As for the problem itself, he thought it might be a chronic infection in my lungs. This could be caused by a fungus, some disease process, etc. We'll know more after the test, but I feel better after having seen him because he really seemed know what he was talking about. He spent a lot of time with me and answered every question I could think of and some I hadn't thought of. I feel more optimist about this, something I haven't for a while. So it was good.

After the doctor visit, I met Erudite Redneck for lunch. We hadn't seen each other for over 20 years. We had a lot to talk about. He was as interesting and funny as I remembered, and that was very cool. It was a good lunch, over too soon. My roomie -- who drove me to OKC for the doctor's visit -- took a photo of ER and me together outside the restaurant. And here we are:



What good looking men! :)
Be back tomorrow with another installment of the Harbor Street Christmas Celebration.

9 comments:

Kirsten said...

Sounds like a very successful doctor's visit! Glad you're feeling good about this one, and glad he was able to spend so much time with you.

Erudite Redneck said...

Man, you'll be seen in public with ANYBODY. :-)

SBB said...

Kirsten, I feel encouraged by him, and I haven't so far.

ER, I know!

Michelle said...

I'm glad your visit went well. :)

Sheesh...how tall is ER anyway?

Cute boys ;)

SBB said...

Michelle, most people don't know that ER is actually a giant. He's 9 feet tall ...

I am 5'10" tall, by the way, but I was also standing on a slope so he's not actually as tall as he appears, but he is tall.

Erudite Redneck said...

You forgot, dark, mysterious and handsome.

:-)

And very modest.

HOOT!

Jean said...

Good to see you both!

Trixie said...

I'm trying to pin down your location -- someplace over near OCU I think ... leads me to believe you had Chinese or Vietnamese or Thai food. Hmmmm.

I started to say "Why didn't you guys call me??!" Then oops I remembered I live 100 miles away now. DAMN.

SBB said...

Yes, ER, I'm proud of your modesty ... :)

Thanks, Jean!

Trixie, we ate at the Cafe do Brazil. And I wish you could have been there!